EPIX Drive-In and EPIX 3 Debut on DISH Network

My understanding is that the folks who have 12 months free platinum, did not benefit from Blockbuster streaming movies etc. when Dish bought BB.
Your understanding is incorrect. DISH customers do not get Blockbuster streaming movies as part of the BBMP subscription.

I see 282 as epxdr and its in sd only. I have top 250 and no bbmp.
I see your confusion. EPXDR 282 is a new channel in SD that took EPIX3's channel number. EPIX3 is new in the sense it is now in HD, channel 382. It is only available in BBMP or the $7 Epix ala carte package.

Is Epix Drive In available in the $7 Epix package and is this package in HD?

Yes it is in the package, Drive In is not in HD. Epix 1 and 2 are available in both SD and HD. Epix 3 appears to be only in HD, at least on Dish.

It's funny that adding an extra movie channel would get these responses. Good luck to Showtime if they create "The Movie Channel 3". HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz all started out with their main channels, then multiplexing a second and third, then they began to theme them. Within 2 years of existence, EPIX has at least began to create a themed channel with Drive In. Some of you say waste. I say a beginning, considering many people called EPIX dead on arrival. I bet that within a few years, EPIX2 and EPIX3 will also be themed.

It's funny that adding an extra movie channel would get these responses. Good luck to Showtime if they create "The Movie Channel 3". HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz all started out with their main channels, then multiplexing a second and third, then they began to theme them. Within 2 years of existence, EPIX has at least began to create a themed channel with Drive In. Some of you say waste. I say a beginning, considering many people called EPIX dead on arrival. I bet that within a few years, EPIX2 and EPIX3 will also be themed.

Well ya can't theme until you have enough variety of content :)

I'm not saying I hope they fail.. I'm saying there seems to be enough repetition on the 2 channels they already have and wonder why they need a 3rd..

I can only image what responses would be generated if there were feeds of EPIX 1 West, EPIX 2 West, EPIX 3 West, and EPIX Drive-In West. Yet, we have many HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz west feeds.

This is another classic example of a bitch and moan thread that has gotten to the point where most don't even know that they are bitching and moaning about something does not merit bitching and moaning about.

Last edited:
This is another classic example of a bitch and moan thread that has gotten to the point where most don't even know that they are bitching and moaning about something does not merit bitching and moaning about.
Simply put, every premium slate suffers from repeats. The only way they wouldn't would be to have just a single channel... and then people would complain about paying $13 a month for a single movie channel.

How long have you been on this site? You almost sound surprised! ;)

You're right KAB. That's why I called people cynics earlier. Not happy unless they're upset about something.

What a patronizing pile of poppycock.........the POINT is....Dish network could offer Sundance, IFC and others in HD, instead they just recycled Epix 1 and 2......offering nothing in the way of new content.

Forums are for an exchange of thoughts and ideas...they are not for pleasing individual posters.

Last edited:
However, they chose to make BBMP a slight bit more attractive. Just like offering the Encore and The Movie Channel makes the 250 package look more attractive, despite this being one channel.

As for the forum not being to please individual posters. I don't believe I gave the message that people shouldn't complain. I used my opinion to say that they are cynics in my eyes. Who sounds more limiting, me, who calls it out according to my perspective, or you, who does the same, but then basically in your own words, tells me that my opinion isn't valid because it violated your perspective of what forums are for. In fact, it appears that you are responding, because my statement wasn't pleasing to you. In my line of work, we call that a loaded argument. A statement made that is intended to make the audience want to lean against your opponent's previous statement. However, either it has no validity, or, in this case, isn't relevant to the argument at hand.

I respect that you don't agree with my opinion, but I have a right to feel that no matter what people won't be happy unless there is something to be upset with. I'm not looking to be pleased, but counter their opinions with my own. And by my voicing it, only adds to your idea of "forum". Other people would that say that those on my side are "pleasists", who are happy no matter what Dish does. Even though I won't agree, they have a right to say it.

I might be right, and I might be wrong. That depends on the opinion of the reader. But, one thing that is certain is that I'm stubborn, and stand by my original statement.

Last edited:
I might be right, and I might be wrong. That depends on the opinion of the reader. But, one thing that is certain is that I'm stubborn, and stand by my original statement.

You made your point twice...now three times. redundant and judgmental. I could care less what you think....it is your attack on other posters that I find annoying

Really, if you have a problem PM me, because quite frankly this has nothing to do with the thread at this point. I'll continue with your banter there. We can go back and forth on our different philosophies, and the same goes to anyone who feels that they were "attacked".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)