EPIX Drive-In and EPIX 3 Debut on DISH Network

You made your point twice...now three times. redundant and judgmental. I could care less what you think....it is your attack on other posters that I find annoying
I wasn't able to sleep last night because of what The Fat Man said. It was that bad of an attack. ;)

zim2dive said:
Well ya can't theme until you have enough variety of content :)

I'm not saying I hope they fail.. I'm saying there seems to be enough repetition on the 2 channels they already have and wonder why they need a 3rd..

Their online has a variety, but it is annoying to see Bond on all three channels.

Really, if you have a problem PM me, because quite frankly this has nothing to do with the thread at this point. I'll continue with your banter there. We can go back and forth on our different philosophies, and the same goes to anyone who feels that they were "attacked".

You didn't say anything that was untrue. I woudn't worry much about one person, it seems someone pissed all over their cocopuffs this morning...

And now a contemporary arts lesson from your Fat Man:

Cynicism (Contemporary Form)- A negative view on one's world around them. Examples may include looking at a glass as half empty, claiming that all politicians are corrupt, waking up and not be happy to have awaken, or to look at every aspect of your satellite tv provider and finding flaws that don't make you happy. True cynics have a complete negative view of their environment.

People may playfully label others in such a term when saying that they feel that others are really unhappy about something the person feels isn't too bad, such as getting an extra channel on your satellite tv service at no additional cost, despite the quality of definition.

Cynicism is not to be confused with sarcasm, which is kind of speech that people use to make a statement in a manner that others know is not to be taken serious, or mean the exact opposite. An example would be someone saying that a person who appears to be unhappy would have experienced liquid bodily waste in their breakfast cereal, writing a post about cynicism that makes it look like your lecturing a class at Harvard University, or saying that one lost sleep over being attacked in an online forum then giving the eye wink text code.

In closing, cynicism is a state of mind that is respected, but makes others feel sad. In no way is it commonly used to put people down.

Class dismissed, now time to get focused on EPIX3 and Drive In.

Last edited:
osu1991 said:
Its annoying to have the same Bond movie on at the same time on Epix 1 and Epxi 2. Diamonds are Forever showing at 3pm CST today on both Epix 1 and 2

I have to agree. I get annoyed when a four hour movie like Das Boot is playing on Encore East and West. Let alone a movie on two East coast feeds from the same network.

EIPIX 1, 2 OR 3 IS HERE AND DONE. IT IS WHAT IT IS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT...WHO CARES!!!! THIS HAS GONE BEYOND ABSURD!!!

PS...Not directed at you, Fat Man

Heh

EPIX1 = East coast
EPIX2 = EPIX1 West coast (same movie, 3 hours later, or so it seems)
EPIX3 = EPIX1 roulette wheel coast .. same movie, some random # of hours later

:D

more channels does not == more content

Start showing different/more content on EPIX3 and I'll cheer all the way.

PS. Not picking on EPIX.. other ch's are guilty of the same. I suppose the providers like it b/c they can claim more channels to the customers.

zim2dive said:
Heh

EPIX1 = East coast
EPIX2 = EPIX1 West coast (same movie, 3 hours later, or so it seems)
EPIX3 = EPIX1 roulette wheel coast .. same movie, some random # of hours later

:D

more channels does not == more content

Start showing different/more content on EPIX3 and I'll cheer all the way.

PS. Not picking on EPIX.. other ch's are guilty of the same. I suppose the providers like it b/c they can claim more channels to the customers.

Could be three hours later, cable advertises Nick West as Nick 2. Hopefully they will, people have to remember that the second youngest movie outlet (Starz) has been around since 97 or 98. That's over a decade of content. EPIX is still a baby compared to the rest.

For all we know Dish could be recording EPIX1 and playing it back 3 hours later to make it look like its an additional channel..(please note this is sarcasm not a serious comment)

For all we know Dish could be recording EPIX1 and playing it back 3 hours later to make it look like its an additional channel..(please note this is sarcasm not a serious comment)

lmao.

juan said:

And thank you Juan. We can now expect to lose a channel cause Dish just got caught red handed. They had to know it was coming. Lol.

Actually if you guys love the bond on three channels, wait they take the Rocky franchise off EPIX Online and play that on the three channels.

On a serious note, Doesn't Showtime still hold the rights to all the recent movies (late 90s to 2008) from the three companies, and Turner or Time Warner hold the rights to the classics from MGM? That stinks, because you could have one channel be EPIX Classics. But, on the other hand we wouldn't have 24 hours of A Christmas Story on TBS every Christmas Day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts