Epix free for one month

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Epix package for $7 is a waste - you are better off doing the $10 blockbuster package and that gives you all 3 Epix channels and several other movie channels in HD for just the added $3 which is well worth it.

Epix package for $7 is a waste - you are better off doing the $10 blockbuster package and that gives you all 3 Epix channels and several other movie channels in HD for just the added $3 which is well worth it.
So what, that's the beauty of ala carte. If all I want is Epix, I am better off saving $3 by not having to order the $10 BB package and pay for extra channels. Choice is key.

So what, that's the beauty of ala carte. If all I want is Epix, I am better off saving $3 by not having to order the $10 BB package and pay for extra channels. Choice is key.

Right, but I do the math...I'd rather give the extra $3 to get several more HD channels, good no commercial movie channels to go with it than just $7 for EPIX alone. To me its a very easy choice.

Unfortunately for Welcome Pack subs, Blockbuster @ Home cannot be added. I do not really understand why when other premiums can be added like HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, etc. Smart Pack subs can also add Blockbuster @ Home although it is an SD package.Recently, it appears that Epix a la carte can be added to the Welcome Pack. I believe Epix Drive-In (although SD) is not in Blockbuster @ Home, but it is in America's Top 250. So, for those interested in that extra channel that have a lesser package or/and foreign package, they may decide on Epix over Blockbuster @ Home (although I do understand getting more channels for $3 more a month with BB@Home.

Right, but I do the math...I'd rather give the extra $3 to get several more HD channels, good no commercial movie channels to go with it than just $7 for EPIX alone. To me its a very easy choice.
Well, then I guess you think all the other packages besides AT250 are a waste. You get so much more value for your dollar on AT250 than you do on lesser AT packages, that it is pointless to have those other packages, right? :rolleyes:

Well, then I guess you think all the other packages besides AT250 are a waste. You get so much more value for your dollar on AT250 than you do on lesser AT packages, that it is pointless to have those other packages, right? :rolleyes:

Not very accurate. You have to look at the value added not just the amount of channels. I've been saying the same thing about the AT120 plus, it makes more sense to spend the extra $5 to get all the channels the AT200 offers. You don't get many channels for the extra money you spend on the AT120 plus.

My point is that not one size fits all...if I have no interest in any of the channels in AT200, but I do want my RSN, then I will certainly save the $5 and go with AT120+. Same applies to Epix at $7 vs. BB at $10. For me, the value added going from Epix to BB is $0, so why would I spend the extra $3? That's all I'm saying.

Thanks for the heads up. I played the pickum game this year and after reading the thread went to my offers and received Epix free for 1 month. I will take anything that I can. Thanks again.

I received the offer in the mail, a letter from good ole' Joe Clayton.

Sorry we have to raise your rates next month ($12 for me) so here's a few month of movies you probably won't watch.

One free month of Epix movie channels, "free" movies on channel 102, over 1,000 free on demand TV shows and movies and over 50 "free" month-long channel previews.

There, there, does that feel better now?

Not very accurate. You have to look at the value added not just the amount of channels. I've been saying the same thing about the AT120 plus, it makes more sense to spend the extra $5 to get all the channels the AT200 offers. You don't get many channels for the extra money you spend on the AT120 plus.

Except that next month the gap between AT120+ and AT200 goes to $10. Still your point is valid. I am now trying to determine if TCM is worth $10/month.