Epix listings in guide

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
Epix is showing a lot of great movies, but what is the deal with their guide listings? Last week I recorded Drillbit Taylor and when I went to watch it later, it was already somewhere in the middle. Tonight the guide shows Iron Man starting at 7pm CDT, but Indiana Jones is on instead.

Yeah, I noticed that same thing. That really sucks. I wonder if Iron Man will be on at all. I've been waiting a long time to be to DVR that bad boy. Same thing happened last weekend. I ended up watching First Blood instead of the movie I wanted to watch. Oh well. I sure hope they straighten things out. Looks like their website might be more accurate. EpixHD - Big On Any Screen

Dish is not working on things that matters. Fix the guide!

I wonder if dish cares about it,s subcriber anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U wouldn't have Epix HD

Dish is not working on things that matters. Fix the guide!

I wonder if dish cares about it,s subcriber anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they didn't care then you wouldn't even have EPIX HD. Thing is Tribune is the company that provides the guide info & they have screwed things up again. OK I just checked EPIX HD schedule on line and it has changed. Iron Man is not in the listing anymore this weekend. So maybe something happened to their showing it. Iron Man by the EPIX guide is set to play next Saturday at 4 PM EDT.

Last edited:
i've noticed that as well i was looking to check out "my bloody valentine" tonight at 9PM. But when you go onto Epix.hd on their scheduled it reads out "the haunting in connecticut" playing instead, what is up with that? epic fail dish/ tribune

I have been complaining about this for years, as my many posts here depict, to DISH and they don't care. When I have presented documented evidence, they said, so? That is how years ago prior to Tribune Media being plastered, I'd be embarrassed, all over the listings that the first and main source is a Tribune subsidiary, Zap2It. Who also supplies gaming and other third party tripe to DISH.

Until a mass uprising happens, this will continue. And as my ex-DISH buddy warned me before he left DISH and part of why he left, "It's only going to get worse." I guess he's correct. At least one thing that is.

Supposedly Indiana Jones is to show tonight (Saturday) at 6 p.m. Central Time. The Dish guide shows Defiance following at 7 p.m as does the Epix website. I have set my timer for 2.5 hours and will see what happens. :confused:

I note zap2it and the Epix website both show Indiana Jones scheduled from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Central next Saturday.

Recorded what I thought was ironman last night on Epix, got indiana jones instead. Thats ok, I was planning on recording indiana jones anyways, I guess I will see if the timer I set for Indiana Jones is actually the correct movie. Kind of irritating, some of the guide for Epix is correct and other stuff is not.

Also the crappy info that is on just regular shows. Sometimes there is no info at all. And maybe they could label the movies as horror, drama, sci fi, etc so in case you've never heard of a particular movie, it might peak your interest. Or not.

And am I the only one that sets a timer for new episodes of a certain show and it records whatever because it doesn't know if it's new or not. Some shows work great but other shows it just records what it wants too. It's like it doesn't know if the episode is a rerun or if it's a new showing.

Frustrating.

Still love you though Dish.

better check it

Recorded what I thought was ironman last night on Epix, got indiana jones instead. Thats ok, I was planning on recording indiana jones anyways, I guess I will see if the timer I set for Indiana Jones is actually the correct movie. Kind of irritating, some of the guide for Epix is correct and other stuff is not.

I would suggest you zoom thru it. Indy is a longer movie than Iron Man by 12 mins. So I doubt you have the ending. Better rerecord it on another showing.

If unknown it records

Also the crappy info that is on just regular shows. Sometimes there is no info at all. And maybe they could label the movies as horror, drama, sci fi, etc so in case you've never heard of a particular movie, it might peak your interest. Or not.

And am I the only one that sets a timer for new episodes of a certain show and it records whatever because it doesn't know if it's new or not. Some shows work great but other shows it just records what it wants too. It's like it doesn't know if the episode is a rerun or if it's a new showing.

Frustrating.

Still love you though Dish.

If the date info isn't listed correctly your DVR records it to be on the safe side. Would you rather it missed the episode. It's pretty easy to delete the wrong ones. I just wish that E* would get rid of Tribune & go w/another service for the guide.

wow yeah I got Iron Man in my DVR listings yet its Indiana Jones, I set it to start last night then it went to it on the TV so I just got up and went to watch it since I saw it last in theaters.

I am curious if they will get this straight as to the info on the guide.

with tribune HA

wow yeah I got Iron Man in my DVR listings yet its Indiana Jones, I set it to start last night then it went to it on the TV so I just got up and went to watch it since I saw it last in theaters.

I am curious if they will get this straight as to the info on the guide.

With as bad as the trib seems to be I'm doubtful. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)