Epix listings in guide

bforce, I'd make that re-record and then delete, although it should be on several times and sorry to say under several names. Keep the bird you have in hand until you have a better one.

Yes dfergie, I have cut my leading extension to zero so I missed the first minute too.
-Ken

Did just that. :) I recorded Indiana Jones this afternoon though from the above comments I hope it's ok. But I haven't deleted the other. I have Iron Man set to tape on 5/7 at 12:15 MST. from the Epix website schedule.

Dang screwed-up EPG info and EPIX website!!! Indy started 4 minutes before the EPG start time, so I'm missing the opening 4 minutes, but extending my end timer point got the ending fine. The EPIX website didn't list the start time as 2:56pm, it listed it as 3:00pm, same as the EPG start time. Next time it's on is the 17th, while it looks like Iron Man is going to see at least 6 showings between now and the 17th.

So, next time Indy4 is on, I'll pad my timer on both ends, more on the front end than the back end. Sheesh...

On the plus side, looks like more Indy in HD this month as well! :) :D

Dang screwed-up EPG info and EPIX website!!! Indy started 4 minutes before the EPG start time, so I'm missing the opening 4 minutes, but extending my end timer point got the ending fine. The EPIX website didn't list the start time as 2:56pm, it listed it as 3:00pm, same as the EPG start time. Next time it's on is the 17th, while it looks like Iron Man is going to see at least 6 showings between now and the 17th.

So, next time Indy4 is on, I'll pad my timer on both ends, more on the front end than the back end. Sheesh...

On the plus side, looks like more Indy in HD this month as well! :) :D

Same here!! I'm bummed. You can't trust the EPIX website or the Dish guide!!

Why don't they just dump them there must be a better service? Titan TV seems to have their listing better.
One would think that since the TVGuide logo is on the EPG header, that they would be or are using them. Of which, they are as accurate as TitanTV. The top two. Come to find out that the only reason that the logo is there is because the visual format of the guide is copyrighted by TVGuide. For the longest time I would inquire to TVG and ask why their info was so wrong. They had no idea why I was asking and that their logo was on the guide. Then I was finally told about the guide ©. They didn't know that the logo was on the guide. But DISH still uses Tribune with no remorse and they know how wrong the info is. Too bad they don't care that this aspect lends as much to the ability to use and view on their receivers as anything else. They tout the guide, but neglect to make sure it's accurate. I have been after them for years and they just don't care. And when I talked to my, now, ex-DISH buddy about this, he confirmed that "they don't care" and that it's only going to get worse. I guess that we're seeing the worse that he was talking about.

Now the second part that DISH always uses as an excuse is the networks and any "last minute", days, changes in their scheduling. Which if a change is made I would expect and am surprised that with this size of this operation, today's technology and the technology they profess on their commercials to have, that it does not trickle down to our EPG as they happen. AND the networks do have a bit of the blame to share in the way that the National Nets are doing the 1-3 minute "early starts" that they seem to think is going to keep us on their channel. In my case, WRONG! I have found that on the "cable" channels this is not done. Or, like most of mine timers, they start late, I have not seen it or it has not made itself apparent in my timers. But movie channels, such as HBO, ShoT and EPIX, they fire off the fare mostly as it falls. But this minutes off is ridiculous. Even HBO and the lot have filler that they show to make up the diff. Looks like EPIX doesn't. BUT THEN back to DISH for long ignoring the networks early/late time shifting and not making it possible for timers to accurately "stack". That is when a previous program ends early that time space is released and the next timer, if set to start early, does not conflict. But I guess that is too much to ask for. I guess that all the software engineers are working on the TiVo work-around. OR that if it worked "too accurately", TiVo could sight closer infringement.

Anyway as I have been told and gathered from repeated contact with DISH in regard to this issue is that "They Just Don't Care!". Or so it seems.

/rantish tirade

Same here!! I'm bummed. You can't trust the EPIX website or the Dish guide!!

Seems to be the case... So, next time it's on (the 17th), I'll pad +4 to start and +2 to end and that should take care of the issue.

Technically-speaking, that means imdb is off too when they state the runtime as 122 minutes. They're short by ~4 minutes. So, the recording I have will do until the 17th (or if one of the Iron Man showings turns out to be Indy4 ;))

Best EPG listings that I've seen to be almost 100% accurate has been for HDNet Movies. I've never had to pad a timer for anything there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)