epix queston

BengalsFan24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
just got email from dish that says epix 3 now incudes all 3 channles epix 1, 2 and 3. are 1 and 2 also in sd?

According to the website the 3 from Epix ala carte now includes all 3 channels.

Attachments

• sg1.JPG
    sg1.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 188
If the OP is SD only, I would assume this isn't cost effective unless Epix 1 and 2 are now available in SD. I'm assuming he got this out of the Dish Magazine type e-mail as I saw it this morning. I'm only SD so I'm not paying $7 for one channel. And if I were HD, I'd just go with Absolute considering what I'll get for $3 more.

According to the website the 3 from Epix ala carte now includes all 3 channels.
This was a website mistake that DISH never fixed. They make it sound like you're getting all 3 epix channels, but you're really still only getting the one epix channel in SD only. If you look at the top of the pic, it still says "The 3 from epix" channel 292.

i thank it has changed. it you get the email newsleter it says epix is NOW 3 chanels. it also says that 1 and 2 are avalable in hd. which makes me beleve they have aded all 3 but i wish it had 1 and 2 in sd. yes. i saw one of yall asked. i only get chanels in sd.

This was a website mistake that DISH never fixed. They make it sound like you're getting all 3 epix channels, but you're really still only getting the one epix channel in SD only. If you look at the top of the pic, it still says "The 3 from epix" channel 292.
You get 3 channels 2 are in HD and one is in SD.

The reason why EPIX 3 is in SD is because those movies were never transferred to HD. :)

Scott, are you saying this is new, because it has never been all three.....

I know that Scott, but the OP was saying is DISH now offers all 3 Epix channels a-la carte where before it used to be just Epix 3 (the SD one) only. I want to know if it's really true that all 3 Epix channels are now available a la carte and if it is true, is the price still $7?

I don't have an easy way to show a screenshot of it from this computer, but the text from the newsletter says:
"The EPIX package now offers 3 channels for the same great price

The EPIX package offers three unique channels, delivering Hollywood blockbusters, original series and more. EPIX and EPIX 2, available in HD, deliver over 150 titles each month, including new releases. With The 3 from EPIX, experience a vast library of uncut movies from the 70's, 80's and 90's right up until today."

Seems pretty clear to me.

I'll guess I'll have to take your word then. My free 3 months of DISHPlatinum is about to end on Monday so after that I might add the Epix a la carte for $7 and see if I'll get Epix 1 and 2 in HD along with Epix 3 in SD.

The Platinum pack is really worth the extra $10 especially when you consider all the movies and shows you get with a broadband hookup. :)

i would do that but i watch almost all the platinum pack channels and i am willing to pay the 3 extra bucks
And I am the total opposite. I don't watch any of the platinum channels except the epix channels whenever they release a new movie or special event. I also don't use the VOD either, but I might in the future whenever Dish adds the Blockbuster streaming VOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)