eproductwars sales ranking

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Can anyone explain the sales rankings at this site? Why are they negative numbers?

And currently, it shows "# in top 100" with 19 for Blu-ray and 0 for HD-DVD. What exactly is this? # of hi def discs in top 100 titles sold in any DVD format? I find it hard to believe that they are selling so many BDs as to have 19 out of the top 100 selling discs of all formats.

Can anyone explain the sales rankings at this site? Why are they negative numbers?

And currently, it shows "# in top 100" with 19 for Blu-ray and 0 for HD-DVD. What exactly is this? # of hi def discs in top 100 titles sold in any DVD format? I find it hard to believe that they are selling so many BDs as to have 19 out of the top 100 selling discs of all formats.

They claim these are all Amazon numbers. The "rank" numbers are listed as negative because a ranking of, say, 1 is higher than a ranking of 10, for example. So listing them as -1 and -10 makes the graph work without inverting it.

Since it's purely Amazon, and Amazon seems to be pushing BR of late, that could explain why they seem skewed, especially with respect to overall DVD sales.

No kidding, I'm hooking up with a few of those because of the great prices myself! Just wish they would have done this sooner and I could of saved a little more money.

I would have picked a few if there were any movie I am willing to watch again. :)

I'm not repeating my DVD mistake of buying a movie because it was on sale, only to have it sit unwatched for years. :)

I still have an unopened VHS copy of Full Metal Jacket......:rolleyes:

Yeah, I have unopened Jewel of the Nile VHS. Yesterday I went thru all my VHS tapes, and am going to donate them. I'm never going to watch VHS again.

I guess it's time. You think the Salvation Army will take them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)