Equipment Required for HD upgrade

mogle

Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Hi,

I currently have a setup receiving from 110, 118 and 119. The dish is an oval Dish Plus (that's what it says on it, anyway), with three LNBs, and what looks like a bracket for a fourth on the right (as you face it).

I'm now thinking of bumping to HD, but I'd like to know what all is involved. Do I only need an HD receiver? Or does my dish need to be changed in some way?

Many thanks,
Mike

Tell them exactly what you want and they'll bring everything you need with them when they come to do the installation.

St. Louis appears to be a Dish 1000.2 market now so I don't think a plus dish is in order unless you subscribe to international programming.

If you will end up with three or fewer receivers, you won't need any external switchgear.

Hi,

I currently have a setup receiving from 110, 118 and 119. The dish is an oval Dish Plus (that's what it says on it, anyway), with three LNBs, and what looks like a bracket for a fourth on the right (as you face it).

I'm now thinking of bumping to HD, but I'd like to know what all is involved. Do I only need an HD receiver? Or does my dish need to be changed in some way?

Many thanks,
Mike
You need a Dish 1000+ (110,118,119,129)
Or you need a wing dish at the 61.5 depending on where your locals are located with your current setup.
Is your locals on the 118, or do you get international?
If No ,then you could get a 1000.2 or 1000.4 if your Eastern Arc. Whats your Zip?
But if your not installing yourself, don't worry because E* will know what to do.

You need a Dish 1000+ (110,118,119,129)
Or you need a wing dish at the 61.5 depending on where your locals are located with your current setup.
Is your locals on the 118, or do you get international?
If No ,then you could get a 1000.2 or 1000.4 if your Eastern Arc. Whats your Zip?
But if your not installing yourself, don't worry because E* will know what to do.

I get the German package on 118, so I guess that means a dish 1000+ or another dish in order to get the HD. I'll call Dish about it, but I was really asking because I was curious about what the setup would be. I'm not thrilled with the idea of adding another dish to the rooftop, so I was hoping it could be done with my current setup or something close. The 1000+ I see in photos looks a lot like what I have -- i.e. larger than the std. dish and oval. I was wondering if that extra LNB bracket might be where they would locate another LNB for HD, but if I understand correctly, it would need to be replaced altogether or supplemented with another.

Many thanks for all the responses and help --
Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts