Equipment requirements for Dish HD

You need a 1000.x* dish that picks up 110/119/129. Programming is mixed between 110/119, your SD locals are on 110, and your HD locals and add'l HD channels are on 129.

Others can chime in on the exact ".x" that you need. I'm on my phone and it's harder to check here...

This is what I was looking for, I think. Thanks!

I'm sorry, Hall, I was wrong about 129. It shows green on the Point Dish screen, but not locked. The Check Switch is as above, 110,119,121. I guess I will need a dish after all, if not sooner, the later. So, which one would get the Satellites I need to point to so I can decide if I want to give Dish another shot at doing it right, or just spring for the thing myself?

If you upgrade to a Vip or H/J setup, Dish will require they send a tech to do the job unless you buy the equipment and set it up your self, for a 722 it wouldn't be too bad, but for a Hopper/Joey you might be better off letting Dish do it.

there is a repoint kit for the super dish, but you probably would be better off with a 1000.2 as it uses dish pro plus technology, which means you only need 1 line to dual tuner receivers....

Thanks also to the Mack... I knew about the combiner, I just wasn't sure about the "x" factor. If it gets me to 129, I'm all for it.

Since the charge is the same for Hopper/Joey with the tech install, it is better to have them do it and replace all needed hardware.

Mary Catherine of the DIRT has been a tremendous help to us. She has straightened a lot out for us. Many thanks.

Dish Network is great, I would not switch to another provider, be it another satellite company, cable, broadband, whatever, even if they offered it free!

Hopper DVR problem??

Combine Channel 3 RF with OTA on single coax. What works?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)