Equipment Return - shipping label - my dime?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
My 622 is getting quite long in the tooth and probably headed towards EOL. This is a leased receiver from right after they came out like 4 plus years ago.
I'm thinking of buying a 722K to replace it. I have the original box it came in to ship it back. I do not have the protection plan/etc. and will pay
to ship it back. Will dish email me a shipping label or just give me the address to ship it to since it's on my dime?
Thanks, Gerry

My 622 is getting quite long in the tooth and probably headed towards EOL. This is a leased receiver from right after they came out like 4 plus years ago.
I'm thinking of buying a 722K to replace it. I have the original box it came in to ship it back. I do not have the protection plan/etc. and will pay
to ship it back. Will dish email me a shipping label or just give me the address to ship it to since it's on my dime?
Thanks, Gerry
Being a leased receiver DISH will replace it at EOL(they own it) I'd bet your upgrade to a 722 as a leased receiver would be cheaper than buying one. Ownership does little for you except remove money from your wallet. If you are replacing defective receiver I believe DISH still does it free you only pay shipping when cancelling.

Being a leased receiver DISH will replace it at EOL(they own it) I'd bet your upgrade to a 722 as a leased receiver would be cheaper than buying one. Ownership does little for you except remove money from your wallet. If you are replacing defective receiver I believe DISH still does it free you only pay shipping when cancelling.

Will look into it.

Last edited:
The protection plan will give you free shipping unless that has changed recently.

well youve saved about $288 over the last 4 yrs by not having the service plan on your account ! and can still get a replacement receiver sent to you for free , AND you get to use the new box to return your old reciever. and they have the gall to ask you to pay for the cost of shipping the old one back. thats preposterous !!!

there is no reason why you cant replace a leased rec. with a leased rec.

If you can't get them to ship a replacement/upgrade for free without the protection plan, you can always reinstate it for 5 months then cancel... Overall it would be more than the $15 it costs to ship anyway though...

If your removing a leased box from your account and keeping services, I don't think they charge you for the shipping to send it back for the simple fact that your still a paying customer and they do not want to do anything to irritate you.

If your cancelling service completely, they they will want to charge you the $15 since at this point your no longer a customer and they can get away with charging it.

Case and point, try setting up a Dish mover...

When you do a mover, they say leave behind your old Dish and they provide a new one at your new home. They do not require you to climb on your roof to get the LNB to return it.

However cancel your service, and now all of a sudden they want the LNB back???

Again, if your cancelling service they simply do not care and its just another little charge to say FU for leaving them.

If an existing customer just wants to return a deactivated leased receiver on an account, DISH will not charge for it. IF you are doing an exchange and do not have the Service Plan or you are cancelling an account, the Shipping Charge is now $17.00 as of 2-1-12.

The Servie Plan can be removed with no cancellation fee ($25.00) after 4 months or 120 days.

If an existing customer just wants to return a deactivated leased receiver on an account, DISH will not charge for it. IF you are doing an exchange and do not have the Service Plan or you are cancelling an account, the Shipping Charge is now $17.00 as of 2-1-12.

The Servie Plan can be removed with no cancellation fee ($25.00) after 4 months or 120 days.
Good to know it can be removed in only 4 months now. I think before it used to be 5 months.

Its cheaper to send it back Via UPS on your dime

Depends on where you live. From Detroit, If I drop it off at a Fedex office store, I can send a receiver to Colorado using FedEx ground for an estimated price of $13.90. UPS is about a $1 more.

I just checked again.... The "shipping weight" for a 722k is 25 or 26 lbs. Using UPS from southwest Ohio to Spartanburg SC is $19.32.

Detroit to Denver, using FedEx Ground, same weight, is $25.15.

You must be using a different weight...

It all depends on the Zone you ship From and To. 25 lbs. using UPS, "Daily Pickup" published rates (not "UPS Store" which is higher), Zone 2=$9.97, Zone 8=$24.90 and that doesn't include Fuel surcharge nor insurance. BTW, FedEx Ground rates (not Kinkos) are identical to UPS rates.

Last edited:
Claude Greiner said:
If your removing a leased box from your account and keeping services, I don't think they charge you for the shipping to send it back for the simple fact that your still a paying customer and they do not want to do anything to irritate you.

If your cancelling service completely, they they will want to charge you the $15 since at this point your no longer a customer and they can get away with charging it.

Case and point, try setting up a Dish mover...

When you do a mover, they say leave behind your old Dish and they provide a new one at your new home. They do not require you to climb on your roof to get the LNB to return it.

However cancel your service, and now all of a sudden they want the LNB back???

Again, if your cancelling service they simply do not care and its just another little charge to say FU for leaving them.

Its like terminating a relationship with a woman, anything to screw you over just because......lol

Can i get my dang CD's please, geeze.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)