Equity channels sold.....will leave satellite...now gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Even though it wasnt on satellite, it was satellite/translator station of another one that is on G18

The FCC has deleted the license of KTUW-DT/16 (Scottsbluff). The digital-only Equity Media station had signed on a few years ago carrying Retro Television Network (RTN) in a simulcast with Equity stations in Denver and Cheyenne, but Equity lost the rights to carry RTN in January. KTUW-DT was supposed to move to channel 17 after the digital transition, but Equity's bankruptcy prevented engineering work at its stations. No buyer was found at an auction.

Here is an ironic twist

WPXS on G18 is now black screen. A member in the Dish area asked when the screen was a slate what was going on..looks like the owners (which is techncially Daystar but Equity ran it) ironically switched the programming to......

RTV

too bad it still isnt on G18 :(

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/182327-wpxs-13-st-louis-mt-vernon.html

Back on the air with RTV (RetroTV) network programing,
E* guide data is incorrect for the programs being shown.

Here is an ironic twist

WPXS on G18 is now black screen. A member in the Dish area asked when the screen was a slate what was going on..looks like the owners (which is techncially Daystar but Equity ran it) ironically switched the programming to......

RTV

too bad it still isnt on G18 :(

Now it makes sense what I have been seeing. WPXS is not a totally blank screen, there are commercials on it every now and then! Obviously Equity inserts commercials into the RTV feed through the slot on G18.

Now it makes sense what I have been seeing. WPXS is not a totally blank screen, there are commercials on it every now and then! Obviously Equity inserts commercials into the RTV feed through the slot on G18.

When I pulled my dish off G-18 a week ago they still had a logo up. Not much value of a dish on a satellite to watch commercials ;)

When I pulled my dish off G-18 a week ago they still had a logo up. Not much value of a dish on a satellite to watch commercials ;)

I do not abandon ship until it sinks completely, still enjoy myTv, This, PEACE TV, Univision, Telefutura and others...:)

I have faith on Galaxy18, I trust that bird will emerge from the ashes like a phoenix...:angel:

I do not abandon ship until it sinks completely, still enjoy myTv, This, PEACE TV, Univision, Telefutura and others...:)

I have faith on Galaxy18, I trust that bird will emerge from the ashes like a phoenix...:angel:

This I can get on C band & OTA, Spanish ones also. If G-18 ever brings back something of substance that I want I can always swing the dish that way again. May take 15 minutes tops. Enjoying my new 2 birds on that dish :D

Daystar must be moving the stations now...the ones in BOLD were on G18 as of January 1 and the ones in RED were on G3 C-Band
Buyer: Daystar Television Network
WNGS-TV Buffalo, NY; WNYI-TV Syracuse, NY; KQUP-TV Spokane, WA; KWBM-TV Springfield, MO; KCBU-TV & KUTF-TV Salt Lake City, UT; WBIF-TV Panama City, FL; WUDT-CA Detroit, MI; WNTU-LP Nashville, TN; WUJF-LP Jacksonville, FL; WBLU-LP Lexington, KY; WSLF-LP West Palm Beach, FL; WUHQ-LP Grand Rapids, MI; KQUP-LP Spokane, WA; KUBX-LP & K45GX-LP Salt Lake City, UT

Don't Bet on it !

From the way it looks all of the Equity channels will be gone soon.

When that happens; I guess I just will leave one of my ku satellite dishes on 129 w. (moving it by hand from 123 w to 129 w and back)

At least there is still some good stuff on C-band.

-

Daystar must be moving the stations now...the ones in BOLD were on G18 as of January 1 and the ones in RED were on G3 C-Band
Buyer: Daystar Television Network
WNGS-TV Buffalo, NY; WNYI-TV Syracuse, NY; KQUP-TV Spokane, WA; KWBM-TV Springfield, MO; KCBU-TV & KUTF-TV Salt Lake City, UT; WBIF-TV Panama City, FL; WUDT-CA Detroit, MI; WNTU-LP Nashville, TN; WUJF-LP Jacksonville, FL; WBLU-LP Lexington, KY; WSLF-LP West Palm Beach, FL; WUHQ-LP Grand Rapids, MI; KQUP-LP Spokane, WA; KUBX-LP & K45GX-LP Salt Lake City, UT

KTVC, KQUP, KCBU....now only logo:( less remain...

Daystar moving stations...whats that mean?:confused:

Univision signed a new deal with Equity Media recently, I recall reading somewhere, hopefully they'll stay on G18 for a while. Glad to have Telefutura back, whatever it's long term "futura" is on G18.

Any news about that?

Is it true? Anybody knows?

I need a hot nail to hold on...:(

Daystar moving stations...whats that mean?:confused:

The stations posted above (what I posted and you quoted) were stations bought by Daystar. Since with Equity at 95% of the stations the only thing that was at the site was the transmitter (no sales office, etc) it took some time for Daystar to get the stations up and running with Daystar programming.

So when we see the "slate" screen, that usually means the station signed off with Equity programming and is in the process of moving to the new owner. Like when Max Media bought Fox Montana. We had programming until 7/12 and on 7/13 Max Media took over Fox programming...we got color bars since Equity no longer owns it

also KTVC Roseburg, OR the new owner (a company that broadcasts 3 Angels Network) said the transfer would be done by July 30th

New broadcast coverage becoming reality as God delivers on his "second chance" for Roseburg/Eugene stations! We need only $225,000 more to complete this project and it should close on July 30, 2009.

KBLN Better Life Television, Bringing Hope Into Your Life, Christian Television

interesting

KKYK-DT (11800 mux) is now showing Tuff TV. It has the logo in the corner.

Also WPXS is just showing commercials....saw 4 commercials then black screen

yep Tuff TV is owned by same folks who own RTN (ironically the CEO of RTN is the former CEO of Equity)

1:00 is wrestling :D

Their signal isn't too tuff, lol, keeps breaking up and going black here. No weather problems around that I know of, except sw Miss into N La...guess they'll get the bugs worked out soon.
Another free channel though! (with a big screen bug).

Their signal isn't too tuff, lol, keeps breaking up and going black here. No weather problems around that I know of, except sw Miss into N La...guess they'll get the bugs worked out soon.
Another free channel though! (with a big screen bug).
Same thing here w/the signal. SQ meter shows good steady signal though.
We'll take all the (well most!:cool:) of the free channels we can get!

I hadn't heard of Tuff TV. A quick search revealed that it is a rtv (rtn) cousin with a little extra testosterone.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid sports! :rant: :censored: :mad: :censored: :rant: :censored: :mad: :censored: :rant: :censored: :mad: :censored: :rant:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm done with that satellite. I swear, *EVERYTHING* on TV is men's stuff.
And sports, puhleeeeeez! Enough already of that BS!
But of course guys everywhere are rejoicing over this new channel that muscled out a previously decent channel. What next? Is free satellite going to be all sports, westerns, killing and destruction?

Come on guys, can you give us girls just a few channels to watch?

Sheeeesh........... :rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)