Equity DVB-S2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have used the coolsat for the s-2 feeds and they seem to be ok, but I would welcome any input into other mpeg4 dvb-s2. remeber the feed is 8psk not qpsk. It is fine to post the specs. I did post them I while ago.

Got an email from Pansat today, following up on my email earlier this year. They wanted to konw where I (or others) are finding true FTA DVB-S2 feeds or programming. I suggest everyone who wants the 9200 to have real DVB-S2 functionality email pansat where they are finding the DVB-S2 stuff to show them it is out there.

Here's the email
Hi, Many thanks for your kind information. Do you have the Equity Broadcasting and other DVB-S2 satellite and TP information? If so, appreciate to inform us. Regards,Tech

Got an email from Pansat today, following up on my email earlier this year. They wanted to konw where I (or others) are finding true FTA DVB-S2 feeds or programming. I suggest everyone who wants the 9200 to have real DVB-S2 functionality email pansat where they are finding the DVB-S2 stuff to show them it is out there.

Here's the email

Pansat already makes (or made) a dvb-s2 capable receiver even if they don't know it. Here's a tip. When you email pansat tech support the people who reply don't have a clue. If you need to discuss technical issues with them you probably need to call them on the phone and talk to someone who does like an engineer or technical person, not the customer service representatives.

Got another email today from Pansat (not sure why all of sudden after 2 months they are responding, but hey it's something) after I emailed them some sats that have DVB-S2 content. They basically said that the 9000HD would od the DVB-S2 out of the bo:mad:which I think I knew), but it was never perfected.
They did also state that they were going to scan the satellites I emailed them to look for true-fta S2 signals. So hopefully they are starting to realize that there is a valid market out there for the add-on.

Stefan, FYI, these emails are coming from the tech/engineering dept. Not plain old CS. The email address I have been corresponding with is not on their website and I was asked not to give it out, just to direct others to use the website one and any info would be passed on to them from that address.

So hopefully they are starting to realize that there is a valid market out there for the add-on.

All the STB companies need to realize this. Hopefully we can light a fire under their butts and get them moving on this. I'm not gonna shell out any cash myself until a box has all the important capabilities.

(4:2:2, S2, MPEG4, HD, ATSC terrestrial)

I look @ my CS 4000 and can see it becoming obsolete more and more every day. Hate to say it, but once Equity goes all S2, I'm screwed.

Got another email today from Pansat (not sure why all of sudden after 2 months they are responding, but hey it's something) after I emailed them some sats that have DVB-S2 content. They basically said that the 9000HD would od the DVB-S2 out of the bo:mad:which I think I knew), but it was never perfected.
They did also state that they were going to scan the satellites I emailed them to look for true-fta S2 signals. So hopefully they are starting to realize that there is a valid market out there for the add-on.

Stefan, FYI, these emails are coming from the tech/engineering dept. Not plain old CS. The email address I have been corresponding with is not on their website and I was asked not to give it out, just to direct others to use the website one and any info would be passed on to them from that address.

I think you should let them know that there are a few folks here on this site that have 9200's and would be willing to test stuff for them....heck I'd buy a 9200 if I knew they would be working on it.

IMO right now, fellas, I've moved past DISPLAYING DVB-S2, what we need NOW is a receiver that will BLIND SCAN DVB-S2. I have a very strong suspision that we are missing a LOT of feeds because we cannot scan for them!:(

IMO right now, fellas, I've moved past DISPLAYING DVB-S2, what we need NOW is a receiver that will BLIND SCAN DVB-S2. I have a very strong suspision that we are missing a LOT of feeds because we cannot scan for them!:(

In theory, the Pansat 9200 should be able to blind scan DVB-S2, once they add S2 support. I'm just disappointed in the whole E-SATA fiasco, such a shame. PVR functionality on a blind-scanning HD DVB-S2 receiver would be very desirable. That Visionsat of yours has spoiled me :D

In theory, the Pansat 9200 should be able to blind scan DVB-S2, once they add S2 support. I'm just disappointed in the whole E-SATA fiasco, such a shame. PVR functionality on a blind-scanning HD DVB-S2 receiver would be very desirable. That Visionsat of yours has spoiled me :D

In theory, J, none of this should be here in the first place. If the box is blind scan capable and S2 capable it should scan for them, too. And all the jacks on the back of it should be live, too. But since we know all of these boxes (except the Traxis) were built to steal programming, its a miracle it works at all for anything else. :)

I'm glad you like the Visionsat, it must have gotten a lot better since I had it, it just didn't impress me when I had it.....I guess I am a Coolsat Man....:cool:

I read some posts last night on a couple other sites that I visit from time to time (yes, they do cater to the pirates, but there is some worthwhile info at times, plus I like to keep up on the state of that market to keep an eye out for deals as I know some here do also). Anyways, there are users that are saying they can get the real FTA S2 stuff with the illuminati board. I want to ask questions, but I refuse to post anything on the boards.

So I thought there were a couple users here who tried those boards in hopes of S2, did anyone actually get any results? I read the review posted in the review section, but I didn't see any hard results on the S2 stuff.

I have also emailed pansat about the dvb s2. I want mine to work (9200).
It will be interesting to see the prices of these boxes when Charlie does the changeover and everyone in dishonest world is left dark - Hurrrayyyy!

the coolsat 5100hd works great... 8spsk dvbs2 mpeg 4 3820down' fec 3/4 29.125 symbol rate

would like to buy your 5100 version...:), kidding, surely know it's typo of 8100HD.
I am using a CS8000 that I bought from hackerwanna for less than $200, love it!!!, software is buggy but for the price I paid, could not ask for more, it does good job for hdtv and dvb-s2
FTARock
the coolsat 5100hd works great... 8spsk dvbs2 mpeg 4 3820down' fec 3/4 29.125 symbol rate

Status
Please reply by conversation.