Equity Stations on G10, possibility of HD channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
Seeing as how a lot of the channels on G10 are Equity stations, I started wondering about the possibility of those stations having some HD content, especially the FOX and WB stations.

Do any of you forsee them putting their HD stations up? I think most are small stations and do not even know if they do digital yet.

tim

The possibility ones are KWTO & KKTU...They are full powered

Most of the others are lower powered, but not low power (they dont have the LP or CA after their call sign) so they should have to do digital

I'd like to see WMQF or KPBI (both Fox) be HD sometime soon....too bad my receiver doesnt do HD :(

There has been a channel for a while now that scans in as "KKTU_DT". It's always had the oh-so compelling color bars, but maybe those are in HD, who knows. And no sound, normally those are accompanied by the constant high pitched tone, unless the beep is in Dolby Digital 7.1 which my audio receiver can't handle.

But hopefully KKTU_DT is there for a real reason, like to air their real digital channel some time soon (as its scanned name directly implies). :D

it might be
but as we know, Equity sometimes has the wrong names for channels

KGW is a perfect example :)

TuxCoder said:
There has been a channel for a while now that scans in as "KKTU_DT". It's always had the oh-so compelling color bars, but maybe those are in HD, who knows. And no sound, normally those are accompanied by the constant high pitched tone, unless the beep is in Dolby Digital 7.1 which my audio receiver can't handle.

But hopefully KKTU_DT is there for a real reason, like to air their real digital channel some time soon (as its scanned name directly implies). :D

Maybe one of us with an PCI card can give it a look see. I think I will try to get the dish tomorrow, doubtful I can get it up soon, but we'll see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts