Er, Thanks ... Dish

True, KAB. It was a late evening call with the CSR, and I had my last school quarter day in the morning. I figured by the time I contacted DIRT Hopper #4 would have been in the mail anyway. Next time I'll be more careful. At least I have two new receivers!

I am not even going to say probably. Almost certainly refurbs. New ones are saved for new installs, and purchases. And even new leased installs can technically get refurbed units. That said, I would prefer a refurbished unit, they already fixed what was wrong. Its been run through the gauntlet and all bad parts ripped and replaced. Only issue I would see is where some cheap parts may have been manufactured. Y'all were talking about a bad batch of Harddrives, but I am unfamiliar with that issue

I've been with Dish 18 years, here's my loyalty reward: Hopper #2 has hard disk failure, fortunately it's intermittent and I was able to back up the receiver settings and copy off the recordings. Replacement hopper #3 arrives in mail, so I set it up. I call to activate it and I'm told they sent the replacement for Hopper #1. What? Bottom line, through Dish's lousy attention to detail and inflexible accounting system if I send back Hopper #2, in a month or so Dish will charge me for not returning Hopper #1. A very apologetic and nice-guy CSR said "you don't want that hassle". Solution? Hopper #4 is in the mail and I have to return both Hopper #1 and #2. I can rearrange my 600+ recordings on my own. Thanks again Dish, you've made my day.

Moral of the story: If you have more than one receiver, make them verify which one they are replacing. And get the CSR's name & number.

You think that's bad? You should see the loyalty program they have for employees. Work hard, advance, make good money, upper management sees you're making TOO good money, then kick you to the curb.

I believe people here have come to the very strong conclusion (from experience) or someone from the inside confirmed it, that that is exactly accurate.

We're a retailer and we do our own installs so we see probably 20 or more receivers each week. Almost always the packing is as described, so I guess experience here. :)

Reactions: ChadT41
Roger that on the refurb: My Hopper #3 (the first replacement I've received) rebooted itself in middle of a show, the next day it lost its guide settings. I did another restore from the remote and nothing. Great. Thanks again Dish! Gonna track down someone from DIRT.

Reactions: TheKrell
Sorry that you're having so much trouble. Definitely contact DIRT. When I switched from Directv a couple of months ago I had a nightmare of an install. Luckily the members here and the DIRT team were able to get me fixed up. Since then everything has been rock solid. Love my Hopper setup so much more than the Genie from Directv. Good luck!

I've been with Dish 18 years, here's my loyalty reward: Hopper #2 has hard disk failure, fortunately it's intermittent and I was able to back up the receiver settings and copy off the recordings. Replacement hopper #3 arrives in mail, so I set it up. I call to activate it and I'm told they sent the replacement for Hopper #1. What? Bottom line, through Dish's lousy attention to detail and inflexible accounting system if I send back Hopper #2, in a month or so Dish will charge me for not returning Hopper #1. A very apologetic and nice-guy CSR said "you don't want that hassle". Solution? Hopper #4 is in the mail and I have to return both Hopper #1 and #2. I can rearrange my 600+ recordings on my own. Thanks again Dish, you've made my day.

Moral of the story: If you have more than one receiver, make them verify which one they are replacing. And get the CSR's name & number.
CSR botched my aunt's address to some WIERD name that made NO sense. So, seeing this, my aunt call the next morning to make certain the address is corrected. She was told the replacement box had NOT shipped yet, and they would cancel that shipment and create a new on with the correct address. two days later, BOTH boxes are delivered, the one with the stupid wrong address (I figured USP would figure it out) and the box with the proper address. She sent back both her old Hopper and the stupid address one.

Moral of her story: make them repeat the address if they don't do it (CSR's should ALWAYS confirm address info).

CSR botched my aunt's address to some WIERD name that made NO sense. So, seeing this, my aunt call the next morning to make certain the address is corrected. She was told the replacement box had NOT shipped yet, and they would cancel that shipment and create a new on with the correct address. two days later, BOTH boxes are delivered, the one with the stupid wrong address (I figured USP would figure it out) and the box with the proper address. She sent back both her old Hopper and the stupid address one.

Moral of her story: make them repeat the address if they don't do it (CSR's should ALWAYS confirm address info).
That is actually standard. Back to lazy CSR. I had a couple when I was there, and I pulled out some of that creativity from the Army to fix that on the spot... Also had to treat them like children half the time, and offer pizza and ice cream to make them keep doing what I wanted them to do that was not exactly "Kosher" on that level....but they loved it. Stupid PC work ethics, jk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)