Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodder

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Adairsville,Ga 30103
I Got A New (sadoun) Fortec 6 ft Cband System With A Vbox 3000 Positioner Harl 3618 Actuator Running It With A Coolsat 5000.I Went To Move It Today From 103 To
87 Started To Move Then Stoped With A Er2 Message On The Vbox.Manual Says It Is
Not Getting Pulses.IChecked Wires On Both Ends They Are Good.It Also Says It Could Be Reed Switch Sensor How Can I Check It.:(

Check all your cables again.
Dish is not bound? Give it a tug.
A No Pulse error could be either the Motor or Reed Switch, and / or connections.
If you have an Ohm Meter, you can remove the reed switch and test, set meter to Ohms and slide a magnet past the switch, you should see a jump in the meter.
A car battery (or charger) can be used to test the motor.

Check Wires All Good,Ckecked Dish It Is Free. I Donot Have A Ohm Meter and How Do You Hook Up A Battery What Wire Will Be The Ground.

I'd stop by a store and pick up a cheap Meter.
It doesn't matter how you connect the battery in regards to Positive or Negative, it will either drive the Dish East or West.
Just do not connect a battery to the Reed switch.

Try manually moving it the other direction, using the buttons on the unit

that pretty much tells you one direction is failed if you are able to move it the other way without ER2. My VBOX 3000 failed that way as it worked going west, ER2 going east and I troubleshooted it to find the pulse was fine, the east moving relay was shot. If I could find replacement relays, I could get that box going again, but in the meantime I bought a powertech GBOX and hope it's built better than the 3000 ;)

my 2 cents, if the OP is convinced the cable is fine, run a second sensor cable pair and see if it starts working then. It's hard for me to think both relays may be fried at once - thus ER2 both ways with good sensor cable and sensor - but I suppose it might be possible.

I've had a similar experience w/ my Motek box. It always drives east without issue but sometimes, going back to the west it will Err2 on me. The relay does not pick up, so it appears to have mechanical issues. Since it is instant Err2, it seems it must need to detect the relay operation as well as the pulse, or it will Err2 for that as well. I only have to make a firm tap on the top of the case to get it to begin responding again. Occasionally it will act up a couple of times in a row, but usually it works fine again for a while.
I've not found any usage pattern to the failure, sometimes it just quits on the 1st move west, others I can be stepping, or multiple drive-stop-drive actions and it will error out. The point in the arc doesnt seem to have any bearing either. It's is annoying at times but wasnt worth returning it, back when I could. I've not looked into it to see what relays it uses, but I agree skysurfer, there appears to be some reliability issues w/ the parts selected for this unit.
rodder, do what Lak7 said and try to drive the thing with a 12v battery or charger. You shouldnt need to disconnect the pulse wiring to test the pulse output/wiring. In fact, it is better to leave it connected, that way if the pulse out is working and your cabling is all ok, the counter will count, but it will be slower than you are used to seeing of course. If you dont see counts, using an extention cord, take the 3000 out to the motor, and reconnect the pulse wiring with a short section of known good cable (or individual wires) and drive it with the battery again. That will eliminate all variables and should identify the device with problem.
The last possibility is that the pulse/wiring is OK, but you dont have any drive output. That you will need to verify with a meter.

Got It Fixed It Was A Motor Wire That Had Come Loose It Was Under The Reed Switch And hard To See I had To Use Tweezers To Get back In.Thanks For Everybody Help.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts