Status
Please reply by conversation.

jibber1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
santa monica
Here's an email I jut sent to DirecTV.

"Please pass this email on to your software engineers. Thanks.

I like to record "partials." For example I'm watching a movie I've seen before and I know a shot is coming that I want to save. Just the shot, not the whole movie.

Here's the problem: In order to record only the shot I and not a lot of stuff before it from the point where I originally tuned to the channel, I must change channels and then quickly switch back to the original channel I want to record from to erase all of the "latent" memory (the green line on the time status graphic) so that the recording begins when I want it to and not well before. This changing channels to erase the latent memory is annoying and I run the risk of doing it too late which will perhaps cause me to miss the beginning of the shot I want.

Here's the solution. It's simple. Have your programmers cause the unwanted latent memory to be deleted if I, say, press either the "Select" or the "Exit" button THREE times. Much easier and quicker.

Thanks."

Here's an email I jut sent to DirecTV.

"Please pass this email on to your software engineers. Thanks.

I like to record "partials." For example I'm watching a movie I've seen before and I know a shot is coming that I want to save. Just the shot, not the whole movie.

Here's the problem: In order to record only the shot I and not a lot of stuff before it from the point where I originally tuned to the channel, I must change channels and then quickly switch back to the original channel I want to record from to erase all of the "latent" memory (the green line on the time status graphic) so that the recording begins when I want it to and not well before. This changing channels to erase the latent memory is annoying and I run the risk of doing it too late which will perhaps cause me to miss the beginning of the shot I want.

Here's the solution. It's simple. Have your programmers cause the unwanted latent memory to be deleted if I, say, press either the "Select" or the "Exit" button THREE times. Much easier and quicker.

Thanks."

The WHOLE IDEA there is to HAVE the Buffer, not get rid of it.

I wish they would come up with a system for that, as well. I too, like to save just part of a program but instead forced to save the whole thing. I would have an extra 20% left on my DVR if we could do that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts