Question regarding memory

Mezzodiva54

Original poster
Mar 19, 2022
Tewksbury, MA
I recently moved, and Directv upgraded me from whatever I had before to the HR54/200, and I have noticed one unfortunate change: whereas before, when I turned on the set I would have 1.5 hr of whatever channel it was on in memory, now I see that once you turn the set off, there is nothing kept in memory. Is there a reason for this? Is this something that can be changed?

The buffer is no longer in use. I'm not sure if it's across all models.

I recently moved, and Directv upgraded me from whatever I had before to the HR54/200, and I have noticed one unfortunate change: whereas before, when I turned on the set I would have 1.5 hr of whatever channel it was on in memory, now I see that once you turn the set off, there is nothing kept in memory. Is there a reason for this? Is this something that can be changed?
Reason -the Hr54 has 7 Tuners --so the buffer is no longer needed--What I do is I leave a Hr22 on (example) 256 and if is see something I wish to record -I go to that location and press record.

Reason -the Hr54 has 7 Tuners --so the buffer is no longer needed--What I do is I leave a Hr22 on (example) 256 and if is see something I wish to record -I go to that location and press record.
The HR54 only has 5 active tuners. Later case releases were amended to show 5 instead of the original 7

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts