Ergen not content to sit on sidelines with pay-TV

My comcast triple play costs less than E did just for TV, and its nice to have just one bill. I really didnt need the phone line so I am using it for my business fax line.

E is no longer competive around here....

Their time came:) and left......

I will say this, the myth that you need to bundel your internet with your TV is killing sales. It used to be before the customer wanted internet, we could sell them a Dish and they would call AT&T and order just internet.

Now the customer calls AT&T and they are being pushed into Uverse, and ultimatly call back and cancel their Dish order.

What Dish needs is an internet solution that can be sold everywhere similar to satellite TV
I used to sub to the local telco for internet and phone..I dumped the telco when I realized I could have high speed internet through the cable company and VOIP. My monthly savings is over $20. I am a satellite subscriber and unless Time Warner comes through with some sort of miracle( about as likely as the moon stops creating ocean tides) or the telco finally gets off it's dead ass and runs fiber through this suburban area, I am keeping what I have.
Cable sucks sideways. Limited choices, lousy customer service, limited programming choices.

I had a bundle when I was with Insight. I had phone, cable and internet bundle together. I found it to be more of a pain sometimes to pay because when the bill came, I had this one large amount that had to be paid, instead of 3 amounts that were at different billing dates. If things were extra tight one month, you didn't have the ability to "float" a payment for a week or so after the due date.

Ghpr13:)

I had a lady walk into my office last week with an AT&T bill wanting me to replace her worn out remote control.

I can't just give customers a free remote if they are not my customer, so she pulls out her AT&T bill out of her purse so I can look up the account number to see if we sold it.

I already knew it wasn't my account because we don't bundel with AT&T, but this bill was like $385, and she had Home Phone, Dish, Internet and Cell phone all on 1 bill.

Now granted it was all fine and dandy that they put everything on 1 bill, but that much be a pain to pay every month.

Worst part is that you get a month behind, you owe almost $800 and if you don't pay that they shut everything off!

DISH Network offering internet, is not as hard as you may think....

#1 They only need to offer a 4G connection between 6 and 10 Megs. They are never going to be able to compete with the wired providers and offer a 50 Meg service, but 6 Megs on a good solid network will make 98% of the people out there happy.

#2 Be able to offer home phone service. Like anyone actually cares these days, but its a good selling point to have available.

#3 Be able to use the service to offer on demand, and since this is a private network if DISH Network is providing the internet this should not be an issue with bandwith,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)