Error 005 not authorized

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
What does it mean when my 722k shows error 005? This says something about "The smart card doesn't have authorization to view or order this program. It was recorded on top of one of my E* LIL station as it was recording a program this morning.

What does it mean when my 722k shows error 005? This says something about "The smart card doesn't have authorization to view or order this program. It was recorded on top of one of my E* LIL station as it was recording a program this morning.
Well, I looked in the user guide for my 625 and it said that 005 means it could be a signal issue, loose cable connections, dish obstruction etc.

That's all I know, because I never have seen that error on my 625. Maybe someone else has something more to add?

Press menu twice on the remote. You should see a line that says "smart card" number or something. (Near the top.) If that is all zeros either the smart card isn't seated properly, smart card is bad, or the receiver is bad.

The receiver will reset after the smart card is inserted. Don't post the smart card number here either.

Can't

Press menu twice on the remote. You should see a line that says "smart card" number or something. (Near the top.) If that is all zeros either the smart card isn't seated properly, smart card is bad, or the receiver is bad.

The receiver will reset after the smart card is inserted. Don't post the smart card number here either.

Smart card built in it's VIP 722k not a removable card in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts