External Drive

NightHawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
I purchased a 350GB iomega hard drive to try and save my programs from a dying 622. The problem is the 622 only recognizes the drive intermittently after plugging it in to the USB port. I was able to successfully format the drive and download all my recorded shows once but the next time I tried plugging it it there was no external drive detected. I have a second 622 with no issues and it has the same problem in seeing the drive at the port. What's the trick here. Reboots don't seem to help. Now that I've offloaded my programs they're gone if I can't get this drive to work somehow.

Is your iomega self-owered or USB powered? USB's have been known to work once or twice, but as a rule never should.

Is your iomega self-owered or USB powered? USB's have been known to work once or twice, but as a rule never should.

I guess that must be it. It's USB powered. My bad. I would guess my recordings are likely lost. Thanks.

I was able to get my other 622 to recognize the drive once more and unloaded my saved programs there. Can you or anyone else recommend a particular drive that will work reliably with the 622? I appoligize but the drive bug sticky thread is so long.

I was able to get my other 622 to recognize the drive once more and unloaded my saved programs there. Can you or anyone else recommend a particular drive that will work reliably with the 622? I appoligize but the drive bug sticky thread is so long.
Any self-powered WD. Most reliable to date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)