Error 122 on 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thigg

Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Installer just finished installing my new 722! After downloading and programing received error 122, internal communication error! They are bringing a new 722 in the morning! Grrrrrr!:mad: Any answers anyone!

Pulled from tech.dishnetwork.com

Symptom
Error 122

Cause
This message occurs when the internal Smart Card has an error. The Smart Card number may be entered wrong on the account.

Prevention
Verify the Smart Card numbers are correct when activating a receiver.

Troubleshooting
<ol>Please contact us for additional assistance.

Call dish and find out if the smart card number is correct. If it is, then most likely a replacement is the only thing to help you.

Smart Card

Smart Card Info is S000000000000000000
So, I guess new receiver is the answer.
:mad:

Up and Running!

Well, the installer was scheduled to be here at 8 am, finally showed at 1:30 pm. Hooked up the new 722 and everything is fine now! Left me all the extras with the new 722, so now have extra remotes and cables!
I've been playing with some of the new features, loaded a 1 gig usb drive with pictures and stuck in the usb port to see what it would do, popped up a dialog asking if I would like to manage it. Transfered all the pictures to the 722 and can now do a slide show, pretty cool!
Having several thunder storms this afternoon and several bouts of rain fade on 129 sat, grrrrr. The ATSC receiver doesn't appear to be as strong as my TV tuner, missing a few channels. All and all pleased with the 722!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)