error 22, HR24-500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kschramm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
I got the internet system installed on my new D* service today. I have MRV with two HR24-500's. I can utilize the DIRECTV2PC feature to its full use. I can access and download on demand movies. However I can't access any of the "active" stuff, I get the no internet detected error #22. I called tech support. we went through and changed the
ip address and stuff, still get the error. now the call is with engineering, I was wondering if anyone has had this issue.

I got the internet system installed on my new D* service today. I have MRV with two HR24-500's. I can utilize the DIRECTV2PC feature to its full use. I can access and download on demand movies. However I can't access any of the "active" stuff, I get the no internet detected error #22. I called tech support. we went through and changed the
ip address and stuff, still get the error. now the call is with engineering, I was wondering if anyone has had this issue.

Who's your ISP?

Several Directv subs reported AT&T is blocking connection (most common reported problem is TV APPS) and slow VOD d/l's while others report no problems with AT&T. The fix is changing DNS. That can be done at either the router or the network setup/advanced setup tab on the Directv boxes. Google has some free DNS servers: 8.8.4.4 is one of them.

I have TWC and don't have the problem with internet connection using all default settings, including DNS.

I have Verizon DSL. when I was on the phone w/ tech support we changed the DNS to 8.8.4.4 on the receiver. I don't know if my download of PPV is slow or not. I can't see the speed . I think it's slow, it takes forever to download something. it's not really video on demand it's more like video on delay. set it to download and then when you wake up your show should be ready for viewing. so your point about the ISP slowing things up could be the culprit and makes sense because the streaming within my home works very well playing with the DIRECTV2PC feature where as the feature I us that require to use the ISP are SLOW and don't work so well.

downloading the movie "Blizzard" HD 1080P from the VOD library. took 10 minutes to download 5%. is this average, slow or fast.

Yeah could be your router or just depends on the kind of speed you have for your internet connection. Some folks will have a faster internet speed than others so it will vary from place to place.

I have Verizon DSL. when I was on the phone w/ tech support we changed the DNS to 8.8.4.4 on the receiver. I don't know if my download of PPV is slow or not. I can't see the speed . I think it's slow, it takes forever to download something. it's not really video on demand it's more like video on delay. set it to download and then when you wake up your show should be ready for viewing. so your point about the ISP slowing things up could be the culprit and makes sense because the streaming within my home works very well playing with the DIRECTV2PC feature where as the feature I us that require to use the ISP are SLOW and don't work so well.

What is your D/L speed with Verizon, mine is a very slow 3 Mg.

What is your D/L speed with Verizon, mine is a very slow 3 Mg.

My TWC advertised d/l is 7MBps but I usually browse faster than that. Any connection would vary depending on location of the server. IDK where Directv's servers are but my VOD 1080P d/ls will playback nearly simultaneously with the start of VOD d/l. I'm in the Los Angeles area.

I believe the VOD d/l are throttled down for reliability of the stream. Watching real time is better than Netflix for me. I viewed a 1080P d/l via MRV and had only one error in it but since it was not repeatable via replay, the MRV server must have caused it. The audio p/b was perfect; the one error was a pixelation of video.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)