Error 760, All Recordings Lost

dlmcmurr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Tennessee
Woke up this morning to this error on my H2K "All Recordings Lost but Timers Were Saved" and needed to reformat the HDD. Tried all the tricks I could come up with, but it persisted. Multiple power resets, looking in Deleted Items, removing the coax, etc., but no joy. Reformat took just 60 seconds, but no timers were saved after all. I was able to restore them from the remote backup, though. Thought it might have been related to the update being pushed out, but if so the update was never applied. Just wondering if the HDD will be failing in the next few days or weeks. My HDD was less than 50% full. My max temp was 125, but my home heat went out Friday night and the room has been in the 50s at night and mid 60s in the day since then.

Dave

You can take the chance that this was a 1-time fluke and it might not happen again for a long time or, take this as an opportunity to get the receiver replaced. Since you lost all of your recordings, I'd go for option # 2. Go to the "Hopper upgrades" thread and get DIRT to help. Ask for a Hopper w/Sling while you're at it....

I highly doubt it was related to any updates. The DVR uses a filesystem layout where the recordings are in their own partition vs the "system" partition. Software updates are applied to the "system" part. You can delete, format, etc that system partition and the recordings are untouched.

Well, it wasn't a one-time fluke. Had an error 311 Hard Drive Failure this morning, but all is working right now after a power cord reset. On the phone right now for a replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)