error code: 04b2 is baaaaad!

cooper

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
Long Island, NY
The wife fired up the ole' 510 last night and 10 seconds later it freaks out, makes a wierd clicking sound reboots numerous times then flashes an error message with error code: 04b2 "Serious HD problem call Dish". Just called dish, gave them that code and the csr promptly said "Your new 510 will be shipped out today". No questions, no telling me to reboot, pull plug, etc. Oh well, thank God for the service plan.

Ya, HD crashes suck. Remember that sound - if you ever get anything like that on your PC, make sure your backups are up-to-date.

You DO backup your PC, right?

When Dish will provide us a cable and program for backup PVR or DVR recordings ?!
For what they made the port extention on back, if not for backup !

Smith said:
When Dish will provide us a cable and program for backup PVR or DVR recordings ?!
For what they made the port extention on back, if not for backup !
Lots of possiblities for the port, but I'd be happy if I COULD just do a backup - even if that backup could only be reloaded to the receiver.

Just something so that when their damn hardware fails I don't lose my shows.

It's sad thing, but 721 have same port as PVR501+. I never heard from Scott or Mark any word about the extention ports. :(
BTW, guys - are your 921 have it too ? 63 pin, 3 rows ?

Smith said:
It's sad thing, but 721 have same port as PVR501+. I never heard from Scott or Mark any word about the extention ports. :(
BTW, guys - are your 921 have it too ? 63 pin, 3 rows ?
921 has USB and DishWire ports along with space for a DVD burner. None of it is activated, and I'm not holding my breath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)