Error Code: 05?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

redgarter437

Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Terra Prime
Hello,

My 922's Hard Drive is approx. 70% full of programming at the moment. I've started noticing problems with watching a few of the recordings, where the video gets corrupted and the receiver will either skip a large portion of the program, or I have to mash the skip button to accomplish the same thing.

Now, I tried to open a program to watch, and got the following error: "A problem was encountered when opening the files for this DVR event. Please note the Error Code: 05."

Does anyone know if this is a hard disk error code?

I did call Dish Network about the problem last night (before getting a real error message) and they're sending me a new 922, but I was curious if I diagnosed it correctly, and if there may be a problem archiving my programming to an EHD.

Thanks!

(Worst part of this process: archiving programming, and manually writing down timers to reprogram the replacement receiver.)

Press and hold the System Wizard button on the remote (zero). This will backup the timers etc. to the remote. When you get the new 922 reverse the process to restore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts