ESPN 140 had several blank signals during OSU Indiana game

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I recorded the OSU game on ESPN 140 on my hopper with sling.
The recording started at 3:29 PM and recorded for 4 hours. At 56 minutes into the recording the picture pixelated and I then had 3 minutes of black screen. I did not see any messages that I had lost the satellite signal. There were several other times when the picture messed up. Was there a problem with the Dish uplink or do I have a problem with my HWS receiver?

It may well be sunspots, it is that time of year. For what it's worth, I recorded the USC-Colorado game and had black screen for a time at that same time, adjusting to PDT...

It may well be sunspots, it is that time of year. For what it's worth, I recorded the USC-Colorado game and had black screen for a time at that same time, adjusting to PDT...

LOL It's not sun spots. It's when the sun and the satellite align in the sky so that the sun is directly behind the satellite and temporarily over powers the signal from the satellite. But I bet you already knew that. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I noticed my OTA MeTV broadcast went black for a few seconds a couple of times on Sunday afternoon too. Coincidence?

I noticed my OTA MeTV broadcast went black for a few seconds a couple of times on Sunday afternoon too. Coincidence?
Even your OTA signal could be involved. Your local channel providing MeTV is getting that signal from a satellite....

One of my OTA sub channels had a slate up the other afternoon saying that they had lost sat signal due to sun outage and to standby by for a few minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)