ESPN 3 Now available

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well this is interesting ...

The pop app is back today ...
I clicked on it and got the same as what was posted above.
Is THAT suppose to be ESPN3 ?

Just the second row is ESPN3. It doesn't seem they load stuff too far in advance.

Still no ESPN pop up on ESPN channels for me, after having it for weeks. Now I have lost all the art and pretty pictures from the guide and no scoreguide on the other sports channels. RBR does nothing.

I guess I spoke too soon. It is hit or miss on the HR44 and the red dot still brings up the scoreboard on the 2-HR41 receivers. Hopefully just growing pains. Luckily, I still have my trusty Rokus.

I'm in NC, which has been a test area for this for a few months. Works well for me, it does take a few seconds for the prompt to come up for it when you turn on ESPN. They carry some recorded clips and some live ESPN3 games, but, not all of them. I have even found games that are on 788-793, which are ESPN3 feeds that haven't been available here. But, it is another option to get games.

I've been watching the ESPN app. My picture constantly clears up and then blurs and then clears up, etc. Am I the only one having this cycle?

A new chapter in ESPN's life to be able to watch on the go with DirecTV is a nice feature that they added. I think the next chapter for ESPN to endevour,
is chapter 7 if the exodus of viewers continue.

Nothing here in St. Louis on my mini-client.

Though I don't have an external hard drive, yet I saw someone else without one posted they got it. What's the point of that I wonder??

Update: Still nothing on my 4k mini-client but shows on the main receiver.

Last edited:

Though I don't have an external hard drive, yet I saw someone else without one posted they got it. What's the point of that I wonder??

The point would be that those without an addl. streaming device can now get espn3 via Directv.
My thought is that it just showed up, give it a little time and it will probably work.

Why they don't get ALL the bugs worked out of anything BEFORE they release it is beyond me, but its been that way since the beginning of time ....

I've never gotten it on the mini, only on the main receiver, since we've had it for a few months

That's the stupid way it's supposed to be. The worthless client forced onto the main TV for 4K gets dumber and dumber!

I've been watching the ESPN app. My picture constantly clears up and then blurs and then clears up, etc. Am I the only one having this cycle?

This is called streaming. I see this too, but I see it on all "streaming" stuff so it's nothing new. I am actually impressed with the quality and how little time it spends blurry compared to watching ESPN3 on my computer.

The app re-appeared on my receiver this morning. Hopefully all the other pretty stuff comes back. It's easier to find games on the sports search when it's not all written out weirdly instead of the team logos and the league in the corner.

Well, I'm back to .Roku for ESPN 3. Every time I try it on Direct now it starts loading and then quits. Anyone else have this happen? Too bad because it worked fine at first and the picture was better than my Roku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)