ESPN Blackout rules!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
The Ragin Cajuns vs. Tigers game is blackout on ESPN although it is a sellout. From what I understand is that since it is available on cable in Louisiana those that have Gameplan in Louisiana will not be able to see the game. Cox is not the only cable company in Louisiana so many fans of both schools will not see the game. What is the reason behind this?

It's probably available locally on an RSN. I've seen this happen before. Check your RSN / local affiliates.

This is a pay-per-view "TigerVision" game within Louisiana. While the rest of the country can see it via GamePlan, in-state folks must pony up more $$ to see it PPV. Same situation here in Florida with the Gators PPV games, and for some other schools/states as well. The rationale is that they're protecting the schools' PPV revenues while still allowing out-of-state folks to see the games.

igator99 said:
The Ragin Cajuns vs. Tigers game is blackout on ESPN although it is a sellout. From what I understand is that since it is available on cable in Louisiana those that have Gameplan in Louisiana will not be able to see the game. Cox is not the only cable company in Louisiana so many fans of both schools will not see the game. What is the reason behind this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)