Satellite and Transponder for ESPN, ESPNews, ESPN2

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I am having an issue with signal on these 3 channels. 206,207, 209 This is a SWM setup. I check the strength meter for tuner 1 and 2 and they are squawking 94 and 95. I need to know what satellite and what transponder these are on so that I can peak the dish on those spots. Thanks for any help.

HD feeds (station, channel, TP, sat)
ESPNHD20623T14 @99CA
ESNHD20715T14 @99CA
ESPNUHD20815T12 @103CA
ESPN2HD20923T14 @99CA

Reactions: Jimbo
HD feeds (station, channel, TP, sat)
ESPNHD20623T14 @99CA
ESNHD20715T14 @99CA
ESPNUHD20815T12 @103CA
ESPN2HD20923T14 @99CA
Mr. Tony, I am most grateful. A clear concise answer to the question. I can't imagine calling directv and enduring the nightmare of trying to ask customer service this question. I came home from work tonight to turn on the world series. Obviously on Fox and I couldn't get a signal on that channel either. I hadn't checked this message yet. I pulled up my signal meter (101 TR1) and it was down to 83. Ok, this thing needs to be moved. I moved the whole dish a little on the pole to the west and got that back to 96. I'm now good on Fox and ESPN. I will have to do a thorough check tomorrow of channels to see if I am missing any.
Having said all of that, It looks like you copied from a chart. Is there somewhere I can see the whole chart? Thanks again.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Mr. Tony, I am most grateful. A clear concise answer to the question. I can't imagine calling directv and enduring the nightmare of trying to ask customer service this question. I came home from work tonight to turn on the world series. Obviously on Fox and I couldn't get a signal on that channel either. I hadn't checked this message yet. I pulled up my signal meter (101 TR1) and it was down to 83. Ok, this thing needs to be moved. I moved the whole dish a little on the pole to the west and got that back to 96. I'm now good on Fox and ESPN. I will have to do a thorough check tomorrow of channels to see if I am missing any.
Having said all of that, It looks like you copied from a chart. Is there somewhere I can see the whole chart? Thanks again.
Boomer, if you had 86 signal you should have had a picture, quite good actually ... Now if it was in the 40-60 range it would have been susceptible to going in and out.

If your at 96 now, your good, but I'd look at the rest of the Sat transponders and see where they are, usually you want everything to be in the 90's (there are a few that will be 0 or low, but its rare).
Check your 99 and 103 Sats as those are the ones that handle most of the HD.

Boomer, if you had 86 signal you should have had a picture, quite good actually ... Now if it was in the 40-60 range it would have been susceptible to going in and out.

If your at 96 now, your good, but I'd look at the rest of the Sat transponders and see where they are, usually you want everything to be in the 90's (there are a few that will be 0 or low, but its rare).
Check your 99 and 103 Sats as those are the ones that handle most of the HD.
The numbers I quoted were for Satellite 101 Transponder 1. Like I said, I moved the dish before checking this forum for replies so I don't know what 99CA T14 was but, now it's 74

Attachments

• 99CA.JPG
    99CA.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 83
  • 99CB.JPG
    99CB.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 84
  • 99s.JPG
    99s.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 103ca.JPG
    103ca.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 103cb.JPG
    103cb.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 80
  • 103s.JPG
    103s.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 78
The numbers I quoted were for Satellite 101 Transponder 1. Like I said, I moved the dish before checking this forum for replies so I don't know what 99CA T14 was but, now it's 74
OK, you need to tweak more when you get to it.
I would while looking at your numbers, gently put pressure on each side of the dish and see if it improves ... this will give you an idea where its got to be adjusted.

OK, you need to tweak more when you get to it.
I would while looking at your numbers, gently put pressure on each side of the dish and see if it improves ... this will give you an idea where its got to be adjusted.
That's exactly what I did when I couldn't get the channels. I had the volume cranked up and listened through the screen on the storm door to hear that beeping get louder. :cool:

That's exactly what I did when I couldn't get the channels. I had the volume cranked up and listened through the screen on the storm door to hear that beeping get louder. :cool:
Wow, I haven't seen one that still beeps in ages ....
If they didn't get better in any direction, you might need to adjust the skew ...
Or the dish might be bent (may not be visible).

I have an HR22 and HR24. Still the old school stuff. I don't want them charging me even more than they already do for the new equipment. Not having the beeps would have sucked because I would have had to run back and forth.

I did get improvement. In fact I was getting the channels I wanted to watch. I have a little more time today where I can check all of the channels.

Scroll down in the first post and there is an excel file you can download.
It’s sorted by National channels, locals and OTA

Scroll down in the first post and there is an excel file you can download.
It’s sorted by National channels, locals and OTA
Thank you very much! This will be so helpful if I have anymore problems. I've been flipping through and at this point I am getting everything I should get. No searching for signal issues at all. That small tweak to the dish did the trick.

Reactions: Mr Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)