ESPN classic now green in my guide ?

funny how people complain when ESPN Classic was moved to the sports tier yet these same people didnt say anything when ESPNU was moved from Top250 (IIRC) to top 120

also realize this was an ESPN move...NOT a Dish move. Lots of cable companies had ESPNU in a different sports tier or not available at all. Since ESPNU carries way more live games than Classic I think ESPN wants to get ESPNU out there to more eyes than 10 year old poker games or bowling from 1988 ;)

I do understand them moving it to the Sports Tier. Dish Network's sports tier is terribly weak... not worth getting, really, unless you like small school college basketball.

college hockey ;)
And in sokme areas, more sports teams coverage. In some markets adding the sports package gives you pro sports from a neighboring market

Couple examples
Iowa...add the sports pack and get games from the Royals, Cards, Twins & Brewers. Without you get the Cubs & Sox (CSN Chicago is the RSN)
Ohio....I think in the Northeastern part of Ohio if you add the sports pack you get the Penguin games

ESPN Sports Classic . . What a really great idea. But whenever I would turn it on, there would be some really boring show on . . They could at least condensed it and get rid of some of the low points. Or use the superstar announcers of the past. Or specialize in some of the newsreel summaries of the bowl games and world series. They did none of that, so not much people watched it. I am not even sure if it had commercials. I tried it, didn't like the way they chose the content . It won't be missed. I still have 298 other channels to choose from

college hockey ;)
And in sokme areas, more sports teams coverage. In some markets adding the sports package gives you pro sports from a neighboring market

Couple examples
Iowa...add the sports pack and get games from the Royals, Cards, Twins & Brewers. Without you get the Cubs & Sox (CSN Chicago is the RSN)
Ohio....I think in the Northeastern part of Ohio if you add the sports pack you get the Penguin games

Hmmm... seems like a strategic thing, thanks for that info. If I watched more of that stuff, I'd look into it a bit more. European Football is my poison however, though I did discover English broadcast Mexican Football on Mun2. :) What I did notice was that I had access to a couple alternative sports channels, which was showing a college baseball game. I think I shouldn't of had that available to watch.

ESPN Classic

Can anyone tell me what minimum package includes this channel?

I have the Top 200 and the web site tells me it includes ESPN Classic but I do not get it and am told that this is a error on the web page.

ESPNU & ESPN Classic switched packages a few months ago
you need the multi-sports package to get ESPN Classic...$7 a month
you need to have at least AT120+ to subscribe (AT120+ is AT120 and your local sports network)

ugg... the one time in the near future I want to watch this ESPN Classic channel I forgot they moved it. Has anyone complained to them to get the channel back or on a trial period? I may add it for a few months then drop it after CFB is over cause as I think I said before in this thread - many CFB games are thrown over on it when they go into OT or the game after it is put on it.

ugg... the one time in the near future I want to watch this ESPN Classic channel I forgot they moved it. Has anyone complained to them to get the channel back or on a trial period? I may add it for a few months then drop it after CFB is over cause as I think I said before in this thread - many CFB games are thrown over on it when they go into OT or the game after it is put on it.

i take it you were mad at ESPN 2 for continuing to carry the Tennis match that spilled over into the allowed time for the NASCAR race coverage. i wasn't happy about it ether, but Justin.tv was my friend in this case because there was two people carrying the coverage of the race on there (one was streaming ESPN Classic, and the other was streaming TSN 2 out of Canada.).

i take it you were mad at ESPN 2 for continuing to carry the Tennis match that spilled over into the allowed time for the NASCAR race coverage. i wasn't happy about it ether, but Justin.tv was my friend in this case because there was two people carrying the coverage of the race on there (one was streaming ESPN Classic, and the other was streaming TSN 2 out of Canada.).

naw not a nascar fan... but I like the channel cause it will pick up a new game getting ready to start when one already showing on ESPN or ESPN2 gets carried over due to OT's plus in 30 days they are going to show a certain game I wanna DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts