ESPN Cubs Blackout

Don't know if this adds anything to this discussion, but I live 20-miles west of Chicago in the suburbs and watched the game on WCIU via my Dish, in glorious SD. I do subscribe to 'Local Channels' should that indicate anything.

I live in Des Moines, couldn't get the Cubs game either. So what did I do?? Turned on my radio, listened to Pat and Ron, then I turned my TV to the Brewers-Astros game so I could be an Astros fan for the night:D

Who's Fault...

I am in the same boat as everyone else... All I want to know is who's fault is it...

I think it is Dish Net's fault because in DSM I don't get WCIU so I should have received the ESPN feed. I just want to yell at someone.

I did call customer service last night and the rep said that she showed that game was on earlier in the day...

-Jamie

They did the same thing on DirecTV. It's standard policy in many markets. The game was available OTA on 26-1 in HD. They seem to only be blacking out the ESPN games when also shown on WCIU not WGN or CommunistCast, strangely enough.

I think your missing something. I didn't get last nights game is HD, SD, B&W....nothing. It was blacked out on all channels it was on.

Do you get chicago market locals via e*? If not, that may be why you were hosed. I had the option to watch the game in SD via e* or to watch the game in HD via OTA last night.

I am in the same boat as everyone else... All I want to know is who's fault is it...

I think it is Dish Net's fault because in DSM I don't get WCIU so I should have received the ESPN feed. I just want to yell at someone.

I did call customer service last night and the rep said that she showed that game was on earlier in the day...

-Jamie

It's the fault of MLB for their stupid blackout (home market) policies. It's also the fault of the local broadcasters around Moline/QC for not being a part of the Cubs broadcasting network. Like in Columbus we get games from Cleveland which are locally produced by WKYC on WWHO (but not in HD). However there is no local broadcast affiliate for the Cincinnati Reds games which are OTA. It is in no way Dish or EPSN's fault.

this is in fact a stupid MLB policy. If you live in a zip code claimed by the cubs you would be blacked out from ESPN because the game is on WCIU in chicago. MLB doesn't take into account whether you can actually get WCIU or not... it's all in the zip code. So people outside of chicago, but in a cubs claimed zip, cannot get these games. Its totally rediculous... been this way for a couple of years at least, if not longer.

http://www.maplenet.net/~trowbridge/rsnteams.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)