ESPN Gameplan prices?

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Anyone have a clue to what ESPN Gameplan might cost this year? I can't find the prices. This is the only Seasonal sports pack a have an intrest in ,and of course there is no price anywhere. Help please.:)

Anyone know what it was last year?
Maybe $150 or so. I had it two years ago, and let me tell you hemi, NOT worth it IMHO.

Anything in your "region" is blacked out and you have to order seperate PPV to get them.
With many of the games televised in some forms these days, it was a waste of my money. YMMV

Looks like it was $130 for the season last year.

Also, on D*'s schedule, the HD games it showed were also the ones available to regular subscribers, so I guess no one had any of the Gameplan games in HD... Lame... It seems like more and more broadcasts are going HD, but I wonder if that will translate into HD games for the gameplan package (probably along with a price increase). I wonder if the sat providers can handle it? Being the offseason for other major sports (or not being Sunday), it seems like there should be room for some temporary HD channels...

IMO the Multi Sport pack is a better deal, $5.99 per month for football season and you get probably almost as many games, as long as you don't mind missing out on the SEC and ACC games if you're outside those markets. Though with ESPN Regional handling SEC broadcasts this year, and word that every SEC game will be televised this year, there could be a lot more value to it if you're an SEC fan and you only get one of potentially multiple ESPN+ games locally...

I always get gameplan because we are from Alabama (auburn and bama) and live in Va.

It does really suck, with the price, that its no HD. I hope ESPN fixes that soon.

SEC is the whole reason I want Gameplan. For the Florida Gators. So Living in PA will Game plan be worth it.? Or will there still be massive blackouts?

game plan went in the crapper when the Big 10 left

some weeks you get like 4 games and they're low DI games

the sportspack has a lot of games that arent blacked out

game plan went in the crapper when the Big 10 left

some weeks you get like 4 games and they're low DI games

the sportspack has a lot of games that arent blacked out

Thats were I get spoiled. I'm in the midwest and get the Big10 channel in HD.

My daughter loves baseball, and likes watching the girls softball games. If she gets enough interest, I can take her to some of the games which will be nice. :)

Who knows, she throws right, bats left, and can pull to the opposite field...not bad for an child under 10. :)

SEC is the whole reason I want Gameplan. For the Florida Gators. So Living in PA will Game plan be worth it.? Or will there still be massive blackouts?

I don't think we will know until the season gets closer.

SEC forecast: TV, TV and more TV. League aims for coverage of every game
Posted by Tommy Hicks, Sports Reporter May 28, 2009 3:15 PM

DESTIN, Fla. -- SEC football fans should be very happy this season, and for at least the 14 seasons that follow. That's because the league is working on a plan to have every game, conference and non-conference, televised.

The SEC may not have its own TV network like the Big Ten, but it doesn't need one, thanks to a pair of 15-year contracts with CBS (for more than $800 million) and ESPN (for a whopping $2.25 billion). Not only do the deals provide a lot of money for the league and its members, they will provide unprecedented exposure, especially for football and basketball.

According to league sources at the SEC meetings, the SEC and its two TV partners are aiming to broadcast every game involving an SEC football team this season. CBS will have first choice from each week's list of games and ESPN -- using its many entities such as ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Classic and even ESPN 360.com -- will choose from the remaining games. Yet that doesn't mean league games won't be carried on other networks. As part of ESPN's deal with the league, it can syndicate games to other groups.

Also, thanks to a deal ESPN has struck with Comcast and DirecTV, some games will be available on cable channels the groups provide their subscribers. Also, each school will be offered one pay-per-view game this year, the game selected by ESPN, not the school. In many cases, according to a source within the league, an effort will be made to allow that game to be the school's homecoming game, which allows the school to set the time of the game.

ESPN will syndicate the popular 11:30 a.m. game that was broadcast by Raycom Sports last season and by Jefferson Pilot in previous seasons. It is possible the game will be broadcast by the same TV station in local markets across the Southeast that have carried the game in the past. ESPN has not yet released the list of stations that will carry these games, but the time slot will remain the same as in the past. Syndication of games will allow ESPN to recoup some of the $2.25 billion it will pay the SEC for the rights to the games not broadcast by CBS.

Tags: CBS, Comcast, DirecTV, ESPN, football, Raycom, SEC, TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)