ESPN HD Blacking Out Periodically - Anyone Else Experiencing This

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
The picture will go blank every so often for about a second then come back on. It is happening fairly consistently. Is anyone experiencing this? I am using the HD Tivo.

Thanks for any input.

Gator5000e said:
The picture will go blank every so often for about a second then come back on. It is happening fairly consistently. Is anyone experiencing this? I am using the HD Tivo.

Thanks for any input.

It's been happening to me since the launch of ESPN2HD. :(

Chip

I've heard other reports of this recently from DirecTV users ... it's an issue with DirecTV not ESPN, since cable users with ESPNHD (myself included) aren't having any problems.

Yes, it's happening to me too. It does only seem to be on ESPN HD. It was happening before the launch of ESPN2 HD, be the frequency of the blackouts does seem to have increased recently. Last night during the Sunday Night Football game, it seemed to happen every 5-10 minutes. That's annoying.

Been happening to me also.....also seems like sometimes DiscoveryHD "shakes" now.....the picture appears like it shakes up and down ever so slightly and extremely fast on certain shots on all different shows, never used to do that until maybe 2 weeks ago. That gets really annoying. My other HD channels (including the OTA locals) don't do this....weird.

Same thing has been happening to me on ESPN HD for some time now. About every 5-10 minutes the screen goes black for a second or two.

I've also noticed that the sound is sometimes a little "out of sync" with the picture on ESPN HD and Discovery HD. Very disappointing.

I had a house full of people watching the Raider game last night, it got so bad I had to switch it to the SD channel. It also happened on Showtime HD tonight.

THIS REALLY SUCKS

chewy said:
I had a house full of people watching the Raider game last night, it got so bad I had to switch it to the SD channel. It also happened on Showtime HD tonight.

THIS REALLY SUCKS

We also had friends over for this game and watched it non-stop without one issue whatsoever.

I've had this problem as well and it's very annoying. Then, when you turn the channel, it takes 4-5 seconds for sound & picture to show up on the screen. This all began for me when ESPN2HD started on ch. 72 a week or so ago. I called D* about it and of course, they said the problem was on my end.

I'm hopeful these problems will go away when Spaceway 2 is up & working, but I won't hold my breath.

Me too. ESPN and other channels too I think. I'll pay more attention to figure out which ones.

Well ESPN HD can black out but you probably won't miss any HD. They seem to be showing less and less HD and moving everything over to ESPN2 HD. Of course that just might be me :)

just noticed the black out problem tonight while watching the game and SportsCenter...

probably happened about 10-20 times. wonder why...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)