Espn-HD: NHL Hockey : Calgary Flames vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Game 1 8pm EST!

I have been lurking around this forum lately but I had to comment on this ESPN Sportscenter presentation. The PQ is awesome. Well done ESPN

Good game so far, still a little disappointing that all of their cameras don't have the same quality... The profile shots of the players look great. Still wish ESPN would use DD5.1

BFG said:
Good game so far, still a little disappointing that all of their cameras don't have the same quality... The profile shots of the players look great. Still wish ESPN would use DD5.1

Yeah. This SRS Circle Surround is crap. I had never even heard of it. I read something about how the whole point is to camoflouge it into an analog signal. Apparently, it's not even as good as PLII. ESPN says make sure your receiver has the SRS Circle logo on it. Mine didn't. Does ABC also do this?

http://broadcastengineering.com/ar/broadcasting_dolby_pro_logic/

No. ESPN is only one that has come up with subpar digital sound quality. Circle Sourround - wish you a painful death...

My receiver kicks into Dolby Pro Logic II when ESPN comes on, however I have it set up to do that on the TV Input whenever it does not detect DD5.1 or DTS. It sounds alright that way; however, not nearly as good as the DD5.1 on TNT-HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)