ESPN is DAYS away according to VOOM CSR

Ferdy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
Broussard, LA USA
Hello group, friends and moderator----

I am a brand new member and, although not a VOOMer quite yet (installing on Monday, May 3)--

Just got off the phone with the CSR at VOOM with a few install questions, and the last question I asked (concerning ESPN feeds) brought a somewhat surprising answer---"It's coming soon--VERY VERY soon."

Of course, my reply to that was give me the definition of "very, very soon" and the reply was "days away, certainly in May, with 5 feeds (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNclassic, and ESPNHD).

Also asked about single game feeds for college and pro football---D* has the NFL Sunday Ticket rights through 2006, status College GameDay is still unknown, but CSR said certainly SOMETHING will be available for college football feeds--

Just a heads up--or thumbs up to VOOM!

I also asked about the HD broadcast capabilities that will be available to me (zip code 70518), and was told that in my area the local FOX affiliate KADN 15 was not broadcasting in HD yet, although the CheckHD website shows that it is; does anyone have more info on this?

Also, what is the situation in my area for the WB? Anyone know? From the WB website, when you click on affiliates for Lafayette, LA, it shows the broadcaster as KLWB, which no one around here has heard of? It's making me wonder where the local cable company (CoxCable) is getting their feed for the WB?

Thanks in advance for any replies---

Ferdy

Dont put too much stock in CSR statements. Its probably a good bet we will get espn in MAY but dont beleive all that they tell you without a press release. Problem is Voom doesnt seem to put out releases, they just add things and they show up .lmao

How about a wild guess..... Lets say....Monday, May 3... it is a Monday, the first of the month, and isnt there a Voom management quarter report event May 5? It would a nice addition prior to this event....plus that is my install date too! :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)