ESPN News HD starts March 30th

alebowgm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
ESPN News HD starts at 8am on March 30th, which will be a 24x7 HD station. Since Dish already has ESPN and ESPN2, any word if there is some sort of clause that requires Dish to pick this up or will they have to negotiate for it?

I will be real surprised if Dish gets it anytime soon .Direct on the other will probably get it tomorrow[MARCH 30}.However Dish has been doing alot of testing on alot of different testing channels.I believe we will get some additional HD channels this coming Wednesday.One thing is that the Sky angel is leaving on the 31st that should give DISH extra space for more HD.:hungry::hungry::hungry:

Wow! A dedicated HD sports news channel. This would be a nice use of the limited HD bandwith. :rolleyes:

But it will probably be required to be carried if the provider wants more Disney/ABC/ESPN channels... I am sure they will force it to appear... The mouse ears conglomerate will fight for it, just like NBC/Universal appears to be holding SciFI/USA HD hostage.

I can promise you it will be on Dish Sunday morning.

Watch ESPN hd Sunday morning at 8 am eastern time.:)

well here we are and nothing.

Originally Posted by rsmith7
Wow! A dedicated HD sports news channel. This would be a nice use of the limited HD bandwith. :rolleyes:

i for one would like this channel

well here we are and nothing.

Originally Posted by rsmith7

i for one would like this channel

LOL. It was simulcast on ESPN hd from 8-9 eastern time.

ESPNews, Disney, and Toon Disney will go live (with Directv) April 2nd. that's on a wed. maybe dish will do the same? don't want to get my hopes up. just wishing:rolleyes:

still don't plan to move. just really want it here for all of us

The new channel has carriage deals with DirecTV, Comcast and Time Warner Cable.

They just announced on ESPNnews that Dish network and DirectTV will have this channel on Wednesday. They said this on Sunday at 5:30pm MST while they were explaining the new look of ESPNnews HD. Hope it comes true.

ESPN News hd will simulcast on ESPN2 hd at 10:30 central time tonight (Sunday). Maybe they will say something there.

I recorded it this morning when they did the simulcast with ESPN hd this morning. All they said then was to keep bothering your cable and satellite provider to pick it up.

Graphics looked great by the way!!!

ESPNews, Disney, and Toon Disney will go live (with Directv) April 2nd. that's on a wed. maybe dish will do the same? don't want to get my hopes up. just wishing:rolleyes:

still don't plan to move. just really want it here for all of us

The new channel has carriage deals with DirecTV, Comcast and Time Warner Cable.

Good luck on that.. Dish cant even get USAHD or SCIFIHD. Ill be watching over on my D* system where I acutally pay less than E* and get all the HD I want. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts