ESPN News HD starts March 30th

Yea I cant help it as I see it right now Unless you live in Florda, Austin TX, or in New England. Charlie is all talk. He should of lit up USA and SCIFI wich would have shut everyone up and made everyone happy. The talk would have been wow charlie really is serious. He actually should have done it 6 months ago.

<pessimistic realism translator>
Telepromter writers at ESPNews who don't know what the hun they are promting the anchors to say... thereby dashing the hopes of e* subs expecting to see it Wednesday...
</pessimistic realism translator>

Here's my $0.02:

When marketing folks at Disney/ESPN decided to start promoting the HD version of ESPN News they looked at the contracts and said, "Well looks like DirecTV and Dish Network are signed up, we should put some pressure on the other carriers." Hence the on air mentions. Little did they know that even though a contract with Dish is in place Dish is not prepared to add the channel on launch day.

ESPN still thinks that Dish will launch ESPN News HD this week. But this has not been confirmed by Dish, as it has by D*.

The thinking is that there is a financial incentive for Dish to carry ESPN News HD at launch, so ESPN would be surprised if Dish is not on board this week.

Assuming that is the case, it will be very disappointing if Dish Does not pick up ESPN News HD. Not that I spend all that much time with ESPN NEws. More, it will be an indication to me that there are more problems than meets the eye at Dish concerning National HD.

And will reconfirm my decision to switch to D* when the OTA box for the HR21 ships.

here is a press release from yahoo finance:

"

DISH Network Launches NESN HD
Thursday March 27, 1:00 pm ET
Fans of the 2007 World Champion Boston Red Sox and the Boston Bruins Will Never Miss Their Favorite New England Sports Teams in HD
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. and BOSTON, March 27, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- DISH Network Corporation (NasdaqGS:DISH - News), the nation's third largest pay-TV provider, today announced the launch of the New England Sports Network (NESN), New England's most-watched sports network, in high definition (HD). NESN is available in standard definition (SD) on DISH Network channel 434 and HD games are available on channel 434 HD to customers who subscribe to America's Top 100 Plus or higher programming packages.
[SIZE=-2]ADERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
b
``Adding the New England Sports Network in HD to our existing Regional Sports Networks lineup gives New England sports fans all the more reason to subscribe to DISH Network,'' said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. ``By combining the latest and most popular HD sports programming with the functionality and technology of our industry-leading dishDVR, customers will find ultiple ways to enhance their viewing experience.''
``We are pleased DISH Network subscribers will have Red Sox and Bruins game in high definition on NESN HD,'' said Sean McGrail, NESN president. ``NESN has been a leader in the industry, delivering more HD sports programming than any other RSN in the country.''
NESN, the definitive source for New England sports programming, is the top rated regional sports network in the country delivering award winning Red Sox and Bruins coverage, a popular sports news and highlights program NESN SportsDesk and a unique sports debate and discussion show The Globe 10.0. NESN is also the first regional sports network in the country to originate every game and studio show in HD.
DISH Network offers customers a wide variety of HD sports programming including 22 HD Regional Sports Networks. New subscribers may enjoy DISH Network's award winning ViP722, a dual-tuner HD dishDVR. The ViP722 receiver can record live TV, allowing sports fans to pause, reind and fast forward programming and create their own instant replays. For more information about DISH Network call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit http://www.dishnetwork.com, or visit your local DISH Network retailer"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts