Espn News Hd

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
THis HD channel will be launching at 8 AM on March 30th. Does anyone know if Cablevision will add this channel that day or in the near future?

I can't think of a single channel that CV has ever carried at launch. We just got ESPN2HD and that's been broadcasting for what, 3 years? They will add it in the future, what's your definition of near?

FYI you can see ESPNEWSHD on ESPNHD at 8:00 am Sunday 3/30, and ESPN2HD at 11:30 am and pm on that day.

If someone did know, they would have responded to your other posts asking about new HD channles. :confused:

What's the big deal if he asked again? Not everyone reads every post on here. Besides, timing is everything.

I have a feeling this channel will be offered within the month of April. Especially with TWC adding 21 HD channels soon.

No one is holding any info on new channels just waiting for someone to ask. If someone hears about new channels it gets posted, so it is pointless to keep asking. But any way, TWC adding HD channels will have no effect on what CV does. Hell, I don't think they even care about satellite anymore. They are only concerned about "phone company TV." That's their biggest threat and who they are working to stay ahead of. Expect the next big HD additions to come in May or June. The moving of VOOM to SDV doesn't start until April 15 and will take a month for them to do it on all of the effected systems.

There's nothing wrong with being inquisitive. Honestly, no company is going to make Cablevision move any faster in adding more HD. They will move at their own pace. The only thing it does, when DirecTV or TWC or Comcast adds more hd channels, is make us all come to this forum to complain about how slow our cable company is in rolling out more channels.

Haven't heard anything.
Cable Companies have contracts from providers for a package of channels to deal with.
If a new channel comes out, they have to break the contract early which results in a fine if they really want the channel.
If the channel is not a must have, the cable provider will wait until the current contract expires before getting the new channel.
That is the reason ESPN2 HD took so long to get.
Cablevision waited for the contract to expire.
I would think ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD are the same, but tv networks treat them as separate channels. This also raises costs as cable companies as they have to pay for the channel twice and pay a certain amount of money for each customer who gets it.

I wish they came out with something that if I had an HD box, I didn't get the standard feed if there was an HD one. This would lower costs as it would not count a channel twice.

I don't think that Cablevision's contract with ESPN expired. If it had then we would also have gotten ESPNU. TWC just signed a new contract in the fall and they had to carry everything including ESPNEWS-HD when it launches.

ESPNNEWS HD was on 735 last night instead of the NYY game, which was blacked out. It has a huge side bar plus top and bottom bars! No thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)