ESPN not bolting Sling TV, despite numerous out clauses in programming deal, report says

Vue is a more traditional "big bundle of channels" style service that doesn't offer a lot of individual packages like Sling does. You can't buy just the Fox channels from Vue, you have to buy at least a $30/mo bundle.
On Hulu, if you don't have a Fox Now / TV provider login, most FOX programming is held for a 8 day delay instead of a 1 day delay.

If you mean Hulu for the computer I don't know, but since we are talking about Fox and cord cutting, I assume you mean on the TV with a device like the Roku, I have never needed any other login info except my Hulu ID and password to watch Fox or any other shows the day after airing, for example I watch Gotham Tuesday morning while on the lifecycle.

Now as far as Sling vs. Vue goes, each one of those add on packs is $5, so just 2 of them you are at that same $30, on Vue you pretty much get almost all the add on packs ( channels offered in the basic pkg. for Vue) that sling has plus network shows ( except CBS and CW) and some kind of DVR service and more streams then Sling's one and still more channels then Sling offers.

Now as far as Sling vs. Vue goes, each one of those add on packs is $5, so just 2 of them you are at that same $30, on Vue you pretty much get almost all the add on packs ( channels offered in the basic pkg. for Vue) that sling has plus network shows ( except CBS and CW) and some kind of DVR service and more streams then Sling's one and still more channels then Sling offers.
BINGO!

Kinda reminds me of the people who want alacarte for everything. Sometimes alacarte isnt the best option ;)

They'll probably keep the alacarte model. I'm sure if they tried and change it now people would get mad.

Plus different competition is good. Some people believe in alacarte. Some people believe in bundles are better

I may stand corrected on this. While Hulu previously had 7 day delays on some ABC and NBC content, and 8 day delays on some FOX content (as linked below) I can't find any current shows that say they are delayed. I have asked Hulu support on Facebook to comment on this.

http://www.hulu.com/help/articles/20362238

See also:
http://www.hulu.com/help/articles/24194057

That FAQ is for watching at Hulu.com, not for watching on a TV ( with a Roku or other) or mobile device using HULU Plus.

from the FAQ-

Supported pay-TV subscribers are eligible to see FOX shows day-after-air for free on FOX.com and Hulu.com. Otherwise, episodes are usually available 8 days after they air on TV.

If you are a free Hulu user who does not subscribe to a supported pay-TV service, you will be able to watch the most current episode for free on Hulu 8 days after it airs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)