ESPNEWS HD March 30

slicked25

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Arkansas
At 8:00E on March 30 according to their commercial on the ESPNEWS Channel that they'll be in HD. I hope E* included. If you watch this channel you'll see the HD advertisement during the breaks.

The channel launches on the 30th but Dish will launch it on the 30th of never. OK maybe not but its going to be late this year before they will bother with it.

I thought I read on here that E* already had a contract in place to carry ESPNews HD. I thought it said they would have it from launch but with the satellite screw up who knows?

Man, I just now realized on the main forum "the panic mode" this place and Dish's is in. (ie. failure to launch) I thought there's over 400 views and only two responses talking about a sports channel.

Who cares about a highlights channel? I certainly don't. I'm as big of a sports fan as anybody, but I'm not willing to add ESPNNewsHD in favor of USAHD, SpeedHD, FXHD, or about 10 other HD channels. Hell, I've never watched it as it is. I probably watch 50 hours of sports during football season, but I've never cared to watch ESPNNews.

Who cares about a highlights channel? I certainly don't. I'm as big of a sports fan as anybody, but I'm not willing to add ESPNNewsHD in favor of USAHD, SpeedHD, FXHD, or about 10 other HD channels. Hell, I've never watched it as it is. I probably watch 50 hours of sports during football season, but I've never cared to watch ESPNNews.

The only time that I watch espnews is during college football. Their breaking news thing they have is pretty cool but it does get old after 10 to 15 minutes of watching it regardless. But I just saw the commercial where John Smoltz was talking about that channel going HD on the 30th.

If ESPNHD and ESPN2HD broadcasted enough actual HD content it might be justified. Nothing is more frustrating then tuning into your favorite game just find out it's not being shown in HD, especially when we have to pay extra to get these HD channels. I'd wait on this one.

If ESPNHD and ESPN2HD broadcasted enough actual HD content it might be justified. Nothing is more frustrating then tuning into your favorite game just find out it's not being shown in HD, especially when we have to pay extra to get these HD channels. I'd wait on this one.
But, without them we wouldn't be able to see how good the NESN HD PQ is when they show Red Sox highlights... ;)

But, without them we wouldn't be able to see how good the NESN HD PQ is when they show Red Sox highlights... ;)

Hmm watching the race I noticed Rouch racing has a car Dishnetwork Fenway car. They team up this way but cant give us NESN in HD

Also watching an ATT ADVANVCED TV commercial starring "BIG PAPPI", hmmm but ATT Dish doesnt offer NESN IN HD. How dare they use a REDSOX player to promote SD telivision by far not advanced TV

Dish has historically played second fiddle to DirectTV when it comes to sports. Now they are playing second (or third) fiddle in HD, too.

Unfortunately, Dish is quickly becoming a distant second rate satellite provider, with no expectations of recovery in sight...ESPN News is far down the list of HD channels I would expect Dish to provide anytime soon -- maybe 2009?

Dish has historically played second fiddle to DirectTV when it comes to sports. Now they are playing second (or third) fiddle in HD, too.

Unfortunately, Dish is quickly becoming a distant second rate satellite provider, with no expectations of recovery in sight...ESPN News is far down the list of HD channels I would expect Dish to provide anytime soon -- maybe 2009?

You don't read this forum much, huh?

You don't read this forum much, huh?

Thanks KAB, well said.

I skip over to ESPNews when I think there's something breaking in sports that I want to know. Could be latest baseball score, recruiting news, etc.
Viewing in HD would just be a bonus.

According to Charlie on the Chat, he's fully aware of how many people want SpeedHD, but he said he's not going to put SpeedHD on until they present him with a reasonable deal. I don't remember which company owns Speed, but if they insist on a premium carriage deal, be assured Charlie isn't going to do it. While I dearly would like to have SpeedHD, I can't disagree with Charlie's rationale and position.

Regards,
Fitzie

Thanks KAB, well said.

I skip over to ESPNews when I think there's something breaking in sports that I want to know. Could be latest baseball score, recruiting news, etc.
Viewing in HD would just be a bonus.

According to Charlie on the Chat, he's fully aware of how many people want SpeedHD, but he said he's not going to put SpeedHD on until they present him with a reasonable deal. I don't remember which company owns Speed, but if they insist on a premium carriage deal, be assured Charlie isn't going to do it. While I dearly would like to have SpeedHD, I can't disagree with Charlie's rationale and position.

Regards,
Fitzie

fox owns speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)