Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Hello,
Is anyone having trouble with ESPNHD, last night and this morning I am having pixalation, every so often last night during the M vs N game , very frustrating, trying to enjoy the game with a friend, always happens when people come over to see the HD......
Never had trouble with ESPN coming in before.

Anyone know what Sat and transponder ESPNHD is located on, the old RCA's were great, you could go into the setting and find out what channels were mapped to what transponders, not any more....

It was raining last night, but not real bad.
This morning there is no rain at all, so rain is not the issue here (I guess).
I haven't don't any tweaking to the dish at all, was hoping some one knew the transponder so I could check and see how bad it was.

I am using a triple LNB dish and have 1 H-10 in the set up.

Jimbo

jawilljr said:
ESPNHD is on Sat 110 xponder 12...

I had no problems with ESPNHD last night.

Thank you,

I hadn't had any trouble with any channels up till now.
It just so happens that ESPNHD is very important this week ( Bowl Week)

I think I will re connect all my connectiions, before messing with the dish alignment.

Sat 110 only has 3 x ponders on it according to my set up guide, they are currently all in the 40's Yikes,

Even though it is cloudy and very damp out, I should still be better than that.

Where did you find the Sat xponder info, ? I would like to have a copy around the house, Ithink it would be a good thing to have.

Jimbo

jawilljr said:
I have the Sammy 360 HD receiver... I went to the Sat signal strength in the setup menu...

See the current Receivers don't allow you to know that info, for some reason, I think they want it to be a secret, so you will call them out for a service call.

Last edited:
Ok , 1 more question,

Is there any way to corrolate, which adjustment to make according to the amount of signal strengh (elev, azm, or tilt)

I have good signal on 101- 90+, Good on 119- high 80's + , but my 110 is very low , in the 50's.

It almost appears to me that I need to go up with it, when I apply some pressure, it picks up a bit, not a lot, I don't want to get the 110 good and lose the others.

Everything is plumb and level. it's been up fore a few years now, I haven't had to dink around with it since I put it up.

Thanks
Jimbo

I've had some trouble during some of the bowl games. There will be a "freeze" for a second that seems to occur about three times an hour.

Yep that 50's signal is not gonna cut it; you need to peek that dish (for the freebie fix) if thats not it you will have to see if you may have another issue like a bad lnb or RG6 run.

Well thanks for all the advice given.
It was really frustrating trying to watch the wolverines lose last night.

After doing some investigating, I checked all my connections, all were good and made no difference with the signal.

It turned out to be what I suspected, but could not figure out how it happened.

It appears that the dish was a bit low, once I re-adjusted it, most all xponders now in the mid 90's and a few in the high 80's.
Sure makes a difference.

Now bring on the rest of the Bowl Games !!!!:)

Jimbo

charper1 said:
good job. 88 should be your lowest acceptable figure.

I think I will be in good shape now.

I think I am going to check them again tonight (soon) . Just curious, last night I was in the high 40's, then be noon today I was at 60, it was a damp dreary day today, I hope I don't have a moisture problem, but I checked all my connections earlier and they did not change any after .

Jimbo

charper1 said:
good job. 88 should be your lowest acceptable figure.

I did check the signal strengh and found the

101* at 90+ most at 92-93

110* at 92 and

119* at 94 and up,

With a few exceptions on the 119* xponder 23 says n/a and
on the 101* I have xponder 18 at only 57 .....

Is the n/a not used at this time, or at least in my area ? zip 43623, and what causes one xponder to be accessivly low , while all other are excellent ?

Any info on these questions would be helpful, I will be able to learn MORE !!!!

Any where on the net a listing of what Channels corraspond with what Xponders and vice versa ???

This info use to be available on some old receivers RCA 220's), I haven't been able to find this info on any current receivers of late ?

Jimbo

guys,

just some info, i installed a sammy plasma and home a/v system on friday. the cx had a comcrap hd box and espn hd was doing a "chirp on audio every 10 sec or so. also he had slight pixelization every min or so. we were watching espnhd also. it was not happening on the other hd channels. could it be on espns end??? just a thought

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)