HD Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

billybill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I have decided to hold off on upgrading to the 5 LNB dish until the Hd Dvr or Home network becomes available. But with the rebate offered on the H20 should I get that to replace my Hughes Htl-Hd? Are there reasons that I should or should not get it that I am missing?

With the rebate, which is a nice hook, I could only see getting it as an additional HD unit along with my LG LSS-3200a or Sony SAT-HD300, but I wouldn't replace any of last generation top level HD units with this thing. Such as the ones I mentioned or the Hughes HTL-HD or RCA DTC210. If you have an older unit not listed here, MAYBE it is a fair trade. I am more interested in waiting out the 2nd or 3rd generation units. If you just have no other way to get any network HD, I would wait.

billybill said:
I have decided to hold off on upgrading to the 5 LNB dish until the Hd Dvr or Home network becomes available. But with the rebate offered on the H20 should I get that to replace my Hughes Htl-Hd? Are there reasons that I should or should not get it that I am missing?

By going from the HTL-HD to the H20 you will loose:
1. The lighted remote control.
2. The ability to control a VCR with the receiver.
3. The Panorama screen aspect Ratio, forcing you to use the standard (short fat people mode) or the black bar mode (not recommended for extended use, by many TV manufacturers) when viewing 4x3 standard channels.

These are all features, of the HTL-HD, that the watered down H20 doesn't have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)