ESPN's "My Wish" Story: Touching

OK...I'm sitting here @ work @ my desk with tears streaming down my face hoping no one walks by within the next 10 minutes!!!

That is one awesome story. Kudos to the Tribe, Brady and Victor for making that boy's life!!!

Thanks for sharing this story....Next time I'll watch these things at HOME!!!!

I can't watch Youtube at work, but I watch the stories on Sportscenter every day they come on.

OK...I'm sitting here @ work @ my desk with tears streaming down my face hoping no one walks by within the next 10 minutes!!!

That is one awesome story. Kudos to the Tribe, Brady and Victor for making that boy's life!!!

Thanks for sharing this story....Next time I'll watch these things at HOME!!!!

Yeah, I was pretty choked up after seeing this too.

In an era of players that seem to think they're larger than life, it was awesome to see Grady Sizemore and Victor Martinez take time to really cheer this kid up. I bet this kid felt on top of the world. A break from what the kid was going through with his medical conditions to spend with your favorite sports team! What a great story! :up

I just finally watched the video, and I'm not ashamed to say I have tears rolling down my cheeks. This is the side of sports that makes being a fan worthwhile. Kudos to the Indians organization for making this little boys dreams come true. Absolutely touching!! :up

Did any of your get to see the "My Wish" story that ESPN did last night? It was a truly touching story of a little boy with cancer who has a dream of meeting his favorite team: The Cleveland Indians.

Check out the video here.......

YouTube - ESPN My Wish- Cleveland Indians

Missed that one, thanks for the link. I did see this one this morning while working out at the gym:

YouTube - ESPN My Wish Series: Ben Roethlisberger

I think it's great when athletes take the time to do this type of stuff. Goes to show that there are great guys out there along with the bad. It would be nice to see the mainstream media pickup on this kind of story more often instead of all the constant negative crap.

Missed that one, thanks for the link. I did see this one this morning while working out at the gym:

YouTube - ESPN My Wish Series: Ben Roethlisberger

I think it's great when athletes take the time to do this type of stuff. Goes to show that there are great guys out there along with the bad. It would be nice to see the mainstream media pickup on this kind of story more often instead of all the constant negative crap.

I saw this one.
A lot of players do these type of things and not much is said about it, see , this type of stuff is not a negative attention grabber, so it's not mentioned in the media as much.

Jimbo

well its a great story, this is one of the many reasons sportscenter is junk
i remember when it was sports scores and the occasional joke but now the whole show is joke thats not funny

maybe they could do a weekly or monthly special donate a sunday am maybe 1 or 2 hours for the makeawish

well its a great story, this is one of the many reasons sportscenter is junk
i remember when it was sports scores and the occasional joke but now the whole show is joke thats not funny

maybe they could do a weekly or monthly special donate a sunday am maybe 1 or 2 hours for the makeawish

You must have it in for ESPN....
I don't see all the other sports outlets doingh these stories, it's usually a local that does the story first.
Why is "SportCenter" the one you blame for this ?

I watch ESPN, but I don't live for it.
I use to watch CNNSI before ESPN, but it's no longer ...

Espn is OK, but to blame SportCenter is wrong.
Yes it has changed over the years, but everything changes.
I liked it better back in the day, but I cannot change that.

I like ball players better before they started going by Nick Names, but I cannot change that either.
A-Rod, T.O. sinko stinko, Pacman I don't like any of the names, but I'm not going to stop watching because of it.

Jimbo

Last edited:
i just feel sportscenter is having a real hard time coming up with programming that they put in make a wish 50 states in 50 days and there latest titletown

knock the program down to a half hour with only sports scores then do like sunday am specials for the other stuff

i just feel sportscenter is having a real hard time coming up with programming that they put in make a wish 50 states in 50 days and there latest titletown

knock the program down to a half hour with only sports scores then do like sunday am specials for the other stuff

I think they have often done this type of thing.
If you look at the programming, check out a Tuesday night sometime, this has got to be the worst day/night of the week for them, you can always count on something stupid on Tuesday nights, fortunately, I have other things to watch on Tuesdays.

Jimbo

i myself like sportscentre and sportsnets connected, i try and watch those often but i still find myself watching espn more than i like

well maybe run makeawish or whatever other specials that may run on regular sportscenter and put them in tuesday nights.

isnt tuesday for afl, i myself preffer cfl canadian then college

sabres im not at all trashing the story, im trashing the format of sportscenter

i feel these 50 in 50 makeawish and titletown such stories should have their own special rather than airing on sportscenter

by all means the makeawish stories are good but i feel there place isnt within sportscenter
they could perhaps take 6 stories and put them into a hour long special