ESPN's Top Ten Sports Rivalries

Like I said before, its more a regional thing because if you dont have a dog in the fight, some people might not care. Look at Steelers/Ravens. Im a Giants fan and I really dont care about Steelers/Ravens. If you live in Conn., who really cares about Cubs/Cardinals?

Yep. I would agree to this one. Been around almost as long as the Yanks vs. Sox....and went from one coast to another.

Only problem is they play sooooo often, the baseball season plays your own division 19 times ?

In Football, you have 1 game a year, 2 IF your in the same division and 3 if your a top team and can meet in the playoffs.

Only problem is they play sooooo often, the baseball season plays your own division 19 times ?

In Football, you have 1 game a year, 2 IF your in the same division and 3 if your a top team and can meet in the playoffs.
Which is what makes the Steelers/Ravens so good. They play twice a year. Usually are both about the same level (good or bad), and have roughly split the series.

Not to mention the relative proximity of the fan bases, and the length of the rilvary (sorry Browns fans, but the Steeler nation considers the Ravens to still be the old Browns).

Jimbo said:
But if we had said Steelers and Pats, that would have been better ..... :rolleyes:

The rest of the world must not know what they are missing then.

No because with Brady, the Patriots are the hammer and the Steelers are the nail. Not really a rivalry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

It is simple, most rivalries are local and people outside of those areas don't care. With that said I would have to say that the Yanks/Sox is the biggest because of the history behind it and the tradition. I would also include the Dodgers/Giants for the same reason and this one spans both coast

I would say that the baseball rivalries lose some luster for many simply because they are played so darn often in a given season. Same with hoops and to a far lesser extent pro football.
It's one reason I love the college football rivalries. The vast majority are played once a year. In a RARE occasion you get them twice, but again it's rare. In my opinion, the victory means more because of it.

Derwin0 said:
Which is what makes the Steelers/Ravens so good. They play twice a year. Usually are both about the same level (good or bad), and have roughly split the series.

Not to mention the relative proximity of the fan bases, and the length of the rilvary (sorry Browns fans, but the Steeler nation considers the Ravens to still be the old Browns).

Maybe if the clowns could win it would be better but the ravens earned the right to be a rival with the steelers.