ESPNU HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sat_Guy_4evr

Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
I'm new to this forum but not new to D*. Does anyone have insight on if/when D* will add ESPNU in HD? I know there are other channels that I would love to see added as well in HD but I'm getting spoiled by watching HD events on other channels and would love to see some college football games in HD on ESPNU.

I'm new to this forum but not new to D*. Does anyone have insight on if/when D* will add ESPNU in HD? I know there are other channels that I would love to see added as well in HD but I'm getting spoiled by watching HD events on other channels and would love to see some college football games in HD on ESPNU.

welcome to the forum!

Alot of us are waiting for ESPNU HD. It is reported in other threads that the hold up is contractual. Espn wants the U on a lower tier and D* wants to keep it in the sports pak. At least that is the rumor. It may be a while before we see ESPNU HD or it could come this month. Only D* people really know. we are only speculating!

They haven't reached an agreement. Rumor is that ESPN wants it moved off the sports tier, so that's probably part of the issue.

Thanks for the updates. Really appreciate it. Will continue to wait ever so patiently.

They haven't reached an agreement. Rumor is that ESPN wants it moved off the sports tier, so that's probably part of the issue.

Funny how the same issue of tier placement was used between the cable companies & the NFL channel/Big 10 channel; seems to me that lasted well over a year. I never read how the cable companies "settled" (& were under tremendous pressure to settle); from a pure business perspective Comcast would lose money with these included in basic service. I would imagine the same is true in D's case.

It's just impossible to tune to ESPNU on Saturdays after you've been watching all the other games in HD all day. They need to get this done!

I'm not waiting patiently. I don't follow college sports. Wouldn't mind seeing it available on my regular tier, but I'm not dying waiting for it.

I'm not waiting patiently. I don't follow college sports. Wouldn't mind seeing it available on my regular tier, but I'm not dying waiting for it.

I'm not huge into college sports either, but if I'm going to watch a college game damn it I want it in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)