ESPNU-HD

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Is there a reason neither Dish or Direct hasnt picked up ESPNUHD? I was hoping that by college basketball season they would have it.

It should kick into high gear when intermurals baseball starts :cool:

Would have been nice to have for college football.

ceo@echostar.com

Honestly, the college football season is just about over. ESPN U launched just before the fall season started. Only the IPTV carriers (ATT and Verizon) picked it up. Even the "sports leader" D* didn't pick it up.

Dish and D* will probably pick it up after the football season is over (or perhaps after March Madness) in hopes of securing a lower carriage rate.

Yeah, I mistakenly assumed this channel was released at a perfect time for me. I was losing my Time Warner cable, picking up Turbo and getting ready for a great college football season. It didn't occur to me that Dish and Direct were clever enough to wait until after the season to negotiate a deal when the channel was in far less demand.

After reading these forums for the past few weeks, it seems like I am going to have to put my fresh, first time satellite owner optimism behind me; it is time to break out the cynicism. "Why is it always soon! I want more HD! Charlie sucks and hates me personally!" It may say newbie by my name, but I am ready to become a hardened veteran...

Versus is supposed to go fulltime HD soon too, also now that College football is over, I just don't get it? :cool:

Yeah can Dish dump the 5% HD on CBS College Sports and give us ESPNU-HD!!!!!!!!!

God CBS-College sucks so bad!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)