ESPNU on 146 ESPNA?

nuts4scuba

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
OKC
Watching basketball tonight and was watching the Big 12 Tourney on Full Court. At the half I flipped over to see what was on ESPN2 and noticed they had the Big 12 listed on ESPNA channel 146. I switched over to it and noticed the station has the ESPNU banner on the bottom and the ESPNU logo in the top left corner of the screen. The full court feed doesn't have the banner or logo on it's feed. I would have thought E* would have used the full court feed for the alternate. Any rumors about E* getting ESPNU?

I'm seeing it too, and I don't have Full Court. It's just showing as ESPN2 Alternate, but it sure does have the ESPN logo and banner. It would be amusing if Dish would choose this weekend to add ESPNU (it would help Monday's Charlie Chat), but I'm guessing it's just there for folks who are blacked out from seeing the ACC Tournament.

146 is an ESPN alternate channel, ESPN blacks out their telecast of the ACC tournament to those in ACC country, so those in ACC country probably got the Big 12 tourney instead.