Espnu or All American Direct distants in HD

I would just be happy to get CBS and FOX out of San Fran.....SD or HD that would be fine with me. I get all my locals in HD now but would be nice for football reasons....plus I can dvr more on west coast feeds.....

I am wondering if this will be the case for me?

Last edited:
In reading some of the more recent posts, it appears it wont be as easy as some thought a few days ago to get the distants locals if you already have access to your local channels already??

I called earlier and heard all of what everyone is saying here. I knew the price before asking them and that checked out. I then declined to purchase saying they are way too expensive.

More people here should be doing the same. How else will they rethink their prices?

The qualifications are the same, which really upsets me, I thought I could get locals in West Lafayette, but the FCC thinks my apartment is close enough to Indy to get the locals... sorry, but I can't put up an antenna in my apartment complex to pull in channels from a tower 60 miles away.... :mad::mad:

The qualifications are the same, which really upsets me, I thought I could get locals in West Lafayette, but the FCC thinks my apartment is close enough to Indy to get the locals... sorry, but I can't put up an antenna in my apartment complex to pull in channels from a tower 60 miles away.... :mad::mad:

Hopefully they'll have a waiver you can sign saying you can't receive these channels, which you would fax to AAD, having nothing to do with your local station. Cross your fingers.

The site says one city costs $25/month for HD. It says it's an additional $13 for SF/NY SD.

Some people here are saying they are getting one HD market for $25 and keeping the SF/NY.

If I had to peice this together before you guys quoting here get their bills I'd say the $25 is on top of whatever they "prepaid" for their SD NY/SF. I really hope I'm wrong.

I mean even $25 for 12 channels is insane. If it's $38 which is what their site says then it's as much as the Top100. Even people like me who love this stuff will do without just on principle. It just is not proportional in any way.

Oh yeah, with the PA address I used I could get LA HD, CHI HD, SF SD, & NY SD all for the reasonable price of $63 per month. HAHA.

If they are going to have some super low deals for paying a year in advance to stop people from calling and generating more bills then fine.

I'm going to stew on this.

Its $12.99 for all 8 SD networks. Then its Another , Yes another $24 per month for either Chicago or LA HD networks. That $24 EACH DMA.
So 12 channels (8sd-4HD) For $37 per month.

Or if you don't want all 4 HD network or can't get all 4 Then the HD channels that you Quailify for are $7.49 Each as long as you have the SD version at $3.49 Each.

So lets use Fox as an example. Say you have Fox East,West in SD only. You are currently paying $3.49 for this network, Well if you want the HD version of Fox ,It will cost you $7.49 Extra. Total $10.98 per month. Thats only 1 HD network, Not both Fox HD networks. Thats another $7.49. for both HD versions of FOX

If you don't get the SD versions then its $9.99 per HD network.

You guys that are claimming your getting the all 4 HD versions for less the $24 per month, You might want to call and comfirm.
Because its $24 per month for Chicago HD
and another $24 per month for LA Feed in HD for a total of $48 per month.
Plus $12.99 for the SD 8 SD channels that you MUST carry in order to get all 4 HD networks for $24.
The Price as Follows
WITH SD AAD
Big 4 SD East and West
$12.99 per month
Big 4 Chicago $24.00 per month
Big 4 LA $24.00 per month
You don NOT get all 8 HD for $24 per month. ONLY 1 City.

Without SD ADD
HD are $9.99 per month Each.

All American Direct
A-LA-Carte
$3.49 for a SD network( Both East and West versions)
$7.49 for a HD Network (as long as you have the SD network)
$9.99 for a HD network ( 1 city only without the SD network)

Those prices are OUT OF THIS WORLD. This is defently price gouging. I Still think NO one should sign up for these and make them lower there prices. i guess they dont get the cheaper the prices they have the more people that will sign up. The lady i spoke with about getting the HD was blaming the FCC for the prices. Not sure how they can blame them.

I agree its a Huge Rip off. I signed up for 1 month with the HD versions, But Next month they need to lower the price or I'm just going to drop them.
They Should Be $3.49 each as well Not $7.49-9.99. Thats INSAINE. $63 per month, you might as well get D* sunday Ticket.

I know i will be getting rid of the SD channels at the end of the month. i had been sticking around because i knew the HD channels would come sooner or later but now i guess i wasted my time waiting.

I've been thinking what would a "fair" price be for these new HD offerings. I believe that if we pay $12.99 for 8 SD networks, then, $12.99 for 4 HD networks would seem "fair" to me. But $24.99 for 4 HD networks just seems to a steep a price (I would pay $24.99 for all 8 HD networks).

Those prices are OUT OF THIS WORLD. This is defently price gouging. I Still think NO one should sign up for these and make them lower there prices. i guess they dont get the cheaper the prices they have the more people that will sign up. The lady i spoke with about getting the HD was blaming the FCC for the prices. Not sure how they can blame them.

I think they are blaming the FCC because of those FCC coverage maps they are having to use. In my case those maps think I should be able to receive everything except NBC. But that is not the case. When you go to antenna.org, it says no digital at my location. It seems they are only qualifying to the five digit zip codes. When you live in the mountains, coverage changes very quickly and often a zip code is rather large. And by having so few folks qualifying, AAD has to jack up the prices to cover transponder lease charges.

Well yesterday I played with AAD on the phone. Today I just played with them online. NO I DID NOT SIGN UP!!! YOU THINK I AM CRAZY??

Online it shows that if you want the HD from Chicago and/or LA, you also get their SD counterparts as well. That was never mentioned earlier but it really doesn't matter to me. But it might to those who still have SD receivers on their accounts. This was never talked about here (that I have seen) or on the phone yesterday.

So here, if you have the SD from SF, you can drop that and pick up LA for their HD and get the LA SD channels instead. So it seems anyway.

I have no interest in the SD from NYC as they already my locals.

Like some others here, I am interested in the LA HD feeds, but not at these prices. Without SD, it is $35 per city. Again, it looks like you do get the SD counterparts to the HD channels. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
I think they are blaming the FCC because of those FCC coverage maps they are having to use. In my case those maps think I should be able to receive everything except NBC. But that is not the case. When you go to antenna.org, it says no digital at my location. It seems they are only qualifying to the five digit zip codes. When you live in the mountains, coverage changes very quickly and often a zip code is rather large. And by having so few folks qualifying, AAD has to jack up the prices to cover transponder lease charges.

The FCC coverage maps are a joke for some locations. Even where terrain is mostly flat like in Florida, the maps aren't very accurate. I'm technically in the Tampa-St. Pete DMA and can get only 2 of the big 4 and PBS with an antenna up 30 feet. Without that I get nothing. According to the FCC I should be getting several other stations. They can take their theoretical contour maps and shove them. On the other hand I can get every station in an adjoining DMA.

probs seeing OTA in diplexed configuration

Dish launches eurochannel?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)