Ethernet Connection

armymp30

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Ocean Springs Ms
I have a Tech coming out to install a 722 Sunday. My question is can you use the ethernet connection to order PPV movies? Also will this connection waiver the 5 bucks a month fee? Thanks!!!!

Hi, just ran a quick google search on "Dishnetwork ethernet PPV 722" and it pulled up quite a lot of info.

Looks like it will work on the 722.

I wish it did on my ViP222 as I do not have POTS (plain old telephone service). I use VOIP (Vonage) instead and it seems retarded to me to have to plug in the phone line instead of using the much faster Ethernet connection.

Hope this helps, DC

Hi, just ran a quick google search on "Dishnetwork ethernet PPV 722" and it pulled up quite a lot of info.

Looks like it will work on the 722.

I wish it did on my ViP222 as I do not have POTS (plain old telephone service). I use VOIP (Vonage) instead and it seems retarded to me to have to plug in the phone line instead of using the much faster Ethernet connection.

Hope this helps, DC

Actually, it does work on the ViP222. That's how I have mine hooked up, and *finally* the second receiver charge has gone away on its own. (I have both a 722 and a 222 hooked up by ethernet only).

Actually, it does work on the ViP222. That's how I have mine hooked up, and *finally* the second receiver charge has gone away on its own. (I have both a 722 and a 222 hooked up by ethernet only).

Hi, are you able to access customer service? When I tried using Ethernet on my ViP222 the connection would test good but I was not able to access customer service. Perhaps this has been fixed with a software update. Please let me know if you can access customer service and the software version if it works for you.

Thanks, DC

Hi, are you able to access customer service? When I tried using Ethernet on my ViP222 the connection would test good but I was not able to access customer service. Perhaps this has been fixed with a software update. Please let me know if you can access customer service and the software version if it works for you.

Thanks, DC

I think you can only access the customer service area via the telephone connection and not the broadband conneciton.

Thanks, DC

Nope...can't access customer service unless I do the following:
1. Disconnect ethernet and reconnect phone line.
2. Go to diagnostics and "check connections".
3. Customer service then works.

However, I can do everything from customer service on their website, so I really don't care that I can't use it from the box anyway... It's a bug in the VIP222 software that won't let you do both I hear. I have 3.07.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts