Ethernet on ViP 222 not working?

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, I have broadband internet and use Vonage and their VT 2442 router/voip adapter.

Seems to me the interactive features of the receiver like view billing or order PPV should be able to use the Ethernet port on the back of the receiver to access the data but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last night I hooked up the Ethernet port, tested it using option 8 from the remote and got the IP and connected status. Then when I tried to access the view bill feature the receiver tried to dial out using the phone port. How retarded is that?

Maybe I missed something but I sure could not find any option to force the dumb receiver to use the Ethernet instead of dialup.

As it stands now DN wants to charge me the $5 program access fee because their stupid receiver does not seem to work with the VOIP phone service even though it test fine when I run the dial out test. Then they want to charge me a buck to call in an order for PPV because their stupid receiver can't use the Ethernet to place the order.

Anybody got the Ethernet to work?

Just about ready to shoot the darn receiver with my 44, that would make a heck of a youtube video ;-)

Later, DC

As it stands now DN wants to charge me the $5 program access fee because their stupid receiver does not seem to work with the VOIP phone service even though it test fine when I run the dial out test. Then they want to charge me a buck to call in an order for PPV because their stupid receiver can't use the Ethernet to place the order.

Later, DC

you may want to check out this thread. This guy had the same problem and dish tech support people sent him some things he needed to make sure of so that it can dial out over voip.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...o-you-think-about-dish-connection-vonage.html

Hi, thanks for the link. It made mention of setting the call quality to the highest setting.

I got the cheapest broadband (RR lite) and it started out with 128K up so I had to reduce the call quality to medium to try and free up a little bandwidth.

Recently the service was updated to 256K up so now I can run the call quality at the highest setting. Just changed it so maybe that will help.

Later, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)